Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi was just wondering if anyone on TSR is going to do this course at UWS?

I've accepted my offer and looking forward to September!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi! I've applied for this too but putting it as my 2nd choice. My 1st would be BA Primary Education @ UWS Ayr. Good to see someone else that has applied for this and not just myself haha!

ReputationRep:
    Is it Hamilton Campaus for Community Learning? Year1 or 2 x

ReputationRep:
    Yeah Hamilton Campus year 1 what about yourself?x

ReputationRep:
    The same, had originally applied for year 2 and got an offer but decided to drop down to first x

ReputationRep:
    Cool stuff, what kind of offer do you have? I've got a conditional and need a B at English, god help me lol. Do you know anyone else whos doing this?x

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'll get it haha , I had a conditional for yr2 but when I dropped down to yr1 I got an unconditional
    One or 2 of my classmates have offers for yr one and a few others year 2 x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cool stuff do u know what u want to do after uni?x

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully get a decent CLD job haha Youth Work is my goal yourself? x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Primary school teacher so do u think this would be worth it if i didn't get the grades to do teaching?X

ReputationRep:
    Its more geared towards community work (CLD is made up of Youth Work, Adult Learning and Community Development) so might not be a waste of time skills wise (identifying need, working with people etc) but is more around working with people in a community setting rather than in a school/education setting x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ah right, cheers for letting me know. What is ur 2nd offer?x

ReputationRep:
    Nb, I only applied to UWS x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh cool so ur defo going then? Do u know what subs you will study?X

ReputationRep:
    Yeah not sure how the subjects are organised but will most probably be similar to those I'm doing in my HNC. Will be interesting to see how it all will work as pretty much the full course is online x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really? What do you mean online? Lol I don't mean that in a stupid way but will it be self-taught? I know 2 days per week is in a placement x

ReputationRep:
    Pretty much, from what I gather from talking to one of the staff there (think she may even be head lecturer for the course) we have a 2-3 face to face days at the start and end of each block and the rest will be marked on participation on online forums and assignments will be posted online so the majority of the time you could pretty much work from your bed haha but the lecturers are there if you need them and like you say you are in placement so your learning through practice x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sounds good then, sorry for pestering you and asking loads of questions haha!x

ReputationRep:
    Its no bother haha x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I also have an unconditional for year 1 community learning and participation. Just received today and think I am going to accept just worried about finances as I am a mature student.
    gillian

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.