Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

what happens when the oil runs out watch

ReputationRep:
    like real talk, if the oil runs out- well obviously not when it runs out but when the theres hardly any oil left so the price of oil would be ridicioulsy expensive so no1 can buy it, real talk what happens then? and will this happen in the next 50 years? real talk this could cause anarchy and another world war, but i duno how we gona have electricity when oil runs out? will we just have to use nuclear and renewable tings? real talk this worries me

ReputationRep:
    Oil isn't going to run out in the next fifty years. Yes in some places it will (Dubai) but not all (Saudi, Abu Dhabi etc). There's also solar energy AND we can use wind and water to generate electricity so.... Just calm down?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    There is plenty of oil left; the amount of oil available increases with our ability to mine it. However, we can't afford to pump it all into the atmosphere. By EU agreement the UK will be getting 15% of its energy from renewable sources by 2020, but this isn't nearly enough. What is unsustainable in the short-term is our playing with climate change.

Hopefully we will get breakthroughs in technologies allowing us to transition more easily to renewables - we will do eventually, but how long our environment will pay the price for our sluggishness remains to be seen.

ReputationRep:
    My belief is that there is already technology out there which can completely eliminate our dependency on oil, but the technology is being suppressed by various governments, as the world economy would implode on itself without trading oil commodities.

ReputationRep:
    We will live happily ever after.

ReputationRep:
    The idea is that by the time the oil runs out, we will have converted to alternate energy sources for all our needs

ReputationRep:
    Cars will run on pee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    real talk tho we only got 50 years or so left i remember being at this meeting and some man telling me trust

ReputationRep:
    i'll lose my job and have to find another job ...oh wait 50 years? meh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harley SMU)
    My belief is that there is already technology out there which can completely eliminate our dependency on oil, but the technology is being suppressed by various governments, as the world economy would implode on itself without trading oil commodities.
    Agreed. Everything is alllllll planned by the governments

Posted from TSR iPad

ReputationRep:
    Name:  oil forecast.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  47.6 KB

ReputationRep:
    Name:  oil forecast.jpg
Views: 118
Size:  47.6 KB
    so we got like 40 years left?

ReputationRep:
    If you're so concerned about it, take up a career in engineering, so you can contribute to sorting it out!

ReputationRep:
    If you're so concerned about it, take up a career in engineering, so you can contribute to sorting it out!
    yh i wod but i dont think man can get into engienering with an E in A level maths, well depends on my retakes i guess enit

ReputationRep:
    Quite the conspiracy theorist, aren't we?

ReputationRep:
    Guys REAL TALK yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot)
    Oil isn't going to run out in the next fifty years. Yes in some places it will (Dubai) but not all (Saudi, Abu Dhabi etc). There's also solar energy AND we can use wind and water to generate electricity so.... Just calm down?
    Do you understand how reliant the worlds exponentially growing population is on the oil reserves? We can use alternative methods, but right now we are no where near capable of filling the gap when the oil reserves run out. There is a major economic, political and fundamentally environmental crisis ahead of us, its no joke. This sort of ignorance is really unhelpful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    like real talk, if the oil runs out- well obviously not when it runs out but when the theres hardly any oil left so the price of oil would be ridicioulsy expensive so no1 can buy it, real talk what happens then? and will this happen in the next 50 years? real talk this could cause anarchy and another world war, but i duno how we gona have electricity when oil runs out? will we just have to use nuclear and renewable tings? real talk this worries me
    Simple. Since real talk and real talk, therefore real talk will become real talk with increasing real talk. However, if real talk were to fall, then real talk would also fall. That's how real talk works. If you need any more real talk just real talk me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iamgreatness)
    1. Could you speak in a more 'real' tone if you want a serious disscussion.
    2. We make oil out of algae and waste water. Simples

ReputationRep:
    Remember the riots? Imagine that everywhere in the world, It will literally be survival of the nations with the biggest guns!
    But yh I really do not understand why governments don't give a rat's ass about the future. The could easily change our means of producing electricity by simply installing solar panels and wind turbines wherever possible but it does cost quite a bit off money and no-one wats to spend money nowadays. So i'm guessing well carry on living off fossil fuels till they run out and then worry about renewable sources. Thats the governments for ya! ultimate procrastinators!!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.