Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you heard of the JCB Academy? If yes then please help me out. I am currently coming to an end of year 12 in an ordinary 6th form. I'm currently doing AS maths, physics, chemistry (hate it), and IT (Cambridge tech's or something). My GCSE grades were quite good and I know I can go to study at the JCB academy. So far my plans have been to just finish 6th form and go to university to pursue my career in some branch of engineering. But recently I learnt of the JCB academy and it seems rather good. They have amazing facilities etc.

I would go there to do engineering and also continue my A levels (Physics, Maths and also IT if I can. Don't even want to hear about chemistry again). The question is do you think I will need to start the whole 6th form again or can I go to year 13 or something? If I have to start in year 12, do you think it is possible and will they let me continue my A levels from where I left of in my current 6th form? So I do A2 physics and maths and then engineering from start. And maybe the most important question is: Is JCB Academy really as good as they say it is and will it give me a better education and make me more valued by universities and employers than my current 6th form does? I'm asking this as I don't want to end up there only to find out that the teaching is crap and I'd be better off in my old 6th form following my original plan. Thank you in advance for any answers I'm really stuck if I should go there as my current 6th form ain't nothing special and I'm seriously thinking of moving somewhere else.

ReputationRep:
    it is crap buddy

ReputationRep:
    Honestly mate, it's not as good as it looks, I know I've been here four years! Though i doubt this is really helpful seeing as though you posted this 3 years ago

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.