Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Best PS3 games to get for the next five months? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I am near towards to end of my gap year and finished my job and I just want to relax and play games all day.

Can anyone make some sort of list for me?

Games that I usually like playing
    Fifa (I don't have 13)
    Killzone
    Metal gear solid 4 - especially loved the online which was MGO
    Uncharted 3
    Tekken 6
    Splinter cell
    Ratchet and clank
    Assassin creed

Include current and recent games and also any games coming out within these few months.

I got a budget of up to £100 and got lovefilm for the new games, I looking for good online as well

Any advice will be listen

ReputationRep:
    Played the PS2 Metal Gear Solid games? Even if you have, the MGS HD Collection is worth it. It also comes with MGS Peace Walker which is a fantastic game (it was originally on the PSP).

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim. And your six months is sorted. No need to thank me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Psyk)
    Played the PS2 Metal Gear Solid games? Even if you have, the MGS HD Collection is worth it. It also comes with MGS Peace Walker which is a fantastic game (it was originally on the PSP).
    Thanks, I already have MGS HD collection, so I give that a go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Norton1)
    Skyrim. And your six months is sorted. No need to thank me.
    Consider Skyrim, I ain't RPG fan but can start on it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vibenation)
    Consider Skyrim, I ain't RPG fan but can start on it.
    If you can get BG&E, please do.

ReputationRep:
    PlayStation Plus :yep: New free games every month, including Okami HD at the moment

Aside from that, Bioshock Infinite absolutely must not be missed (and play the original as well if you haven't already). Following that, Mass Effect (get the collection), Far Cry 3, XCOM, Rayman Origins, Arkham City and the ICO/Shadows of the Colossus Collection all get my highest recommendation.

ReputationRep:
    If you like Uncharted and Assassin's Creed, you might like to try Tomb Raider. I would guess you like the essence of stealth if you enjoy AC, but the difference is that Tomb Raider actually has stealth in it.

You should have a look at the list of PS+ games; it might be worth trying considering you have a small budget.

Like what Illusionary said, I have to recommend the Mass Effect franchise as well as Batman: Arkham City (which is considerably better in almost every way than Asylum).

Also, get Ni no Kuni. It doesn't matter if you don't like RPGs.

ReputationRep:
    If you enjoy Ratchet and Clank I'd certainly recommend taking a look at the Jak & Daxter collection and the Sly Trilogy. They're both very similar to R&C and have brilliant characters (Daxter especially :grin:)

I'd definitely recommend giving Shadow of the Colossus and ICO a try. Everybody's Golf is a few years old, but is brilliantly charming and fun even if you're not overly interested in golf. If you like your stealth games, Dishonored may be worth a look. I haven't played it myself, but friends have said it's good (and it's on my mile-long 'to-play' list )

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim is all you need.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    PlayStation Plus
    Uncharted Series
    Portal 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    The Last of US (June 7th)
    Ratchet and Clank: A Crack In Time
    TOMB RAIDER
    BioShock Infinite
    Batman Arkham City
    Ni No Kuni
    Mass Effect 2
    God of War III
    Journey
    Assassin's Creed II and Brotherhood

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the post, this is all the games that I currently have
    Uncharted 3
    Assassin creed brotherhood and revelations
    Fifa 12
    Grand theft auto 4
    Infamous 1
    Call of duty Black Ops 2
    Ratchet and clank HD collection
    MGS 4 and HD collection
    Battlefield 3
    Modern warfare 3
    Deus ex
    Killzone 3
    DMC4
    Borderlands 1,2
    Dragon Age 1 and 2
    Castlevania

Now thanks for the post, I will consider the games. Could anyone tell me on any fighting game that I should get either new or old. Expect Street fighter 4. Is there any PS1 or PS2 classic worth getting from PSN store.

ReputationRep:
    Now thanks for the post, I will consider the games. Could anyone tell me on any fighting game that I should get either new or old. Expect Street fighter 4. Is there any PS1 or PS2 classic worth getting from PSN store.
    That's a pretty nice collection, but there's certainly some scope for filling it out from the suggestions above. :yep:

Have you taken a look at PlayStation Plus yet? Dead or Alive 5 is currently one of the free games available as part of the subscription: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/...ALIVE%C2%AE-5/
    See here for the full list: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/...ALIVE%C2%AE-5/

ReputationRep:
    That's a pretty nice collection, but there's certainly some scope for filling it out from the suggestions above. :yep:

Have you taken a look at PlayStation Plus yet? Dead or Alive 5 is currently one of the free games available as part of the subscription: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/...ALIVE%C2%AE-5/
    See here for the full list: http://uk.playstation.com/ps3/games/...ALIVE%C2%AE-5/

ReputationRep:
    Like everyone is saying, pay the £30 for the PS+ subscription. That will be the best purchase you make this year. You already have something like 12 very good games at your disposal from the off and from there on, you get 3 new games every month on top.

I'd also recommend getting Red Dead Redemption GOTY, Skyrim, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Saints Row 3 and Batman Arkham City. They are absolute must haves in my opinion. There's a lot of variety there and you should be able to get all of those games for around £90 new right now (but I'd recommend being savvy and waiting for the likes of Dishonored and Far Cry 3 to be dropped to below £15 during a weekend by Amazon/Zavvi etc.).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth Vader 7)
    Like everyone is saying, pay the £30 for the PS+ subscription. That will be the best purchase you make this year. You already have something like 12 very good games at your disposal from the off and from there on, you get 3 new games every month on top.

I'd also recommend getting Red Dead Redemption GOTY, Skyrim, Dishonored, Far Cry 3, Saints Row 3 and Batman Arkham City. They are absolute must haves in my opinion. There's a lot of variety there and you should be able to get all of those games for around £90 new right now (but I'd recommend being savvy and waiting for the likes of Dishonored and Far Cry 3 to be dropped to below £15 during a weekend by Amazon/Zavvi etc.).
    Should I get an xbox 360 slim or keep my ps3? I like to try xbox someday especially xbox live.

I get most of the games you listed especially Saint rows 3.

ReputationRep:
    Persona 4 Arena is out soon. It's a sequel to a (fantastic) RPG, but is a fighter, from the makers of Blaz Blue, so is pretty much guaranteed to be a A-grade fighter.

Also, Supersonic Acrobatic Rocket Powered Battle Cars. It's like £3 now or something. See you on the field, mun.

ReputationRep:
    Skyrim isnt all that great in all honesty its just crazy repetitive with most of the dungeons just being the same. Red dead redemption is pretty cool. Also Deus Ex, kinda like splinter cell but you're basically playing as the terminator. If you are free this autumn look up Watch Dogs, ubisoft game, looks amazing, it got loads of Best of E3 awards so its something to look out for.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Albino)
    Skyrim isnt all that great in all honesty its just crazy repetitive with most of the dungeons just being the same. Red dead redemption is pretty cool. Also Deus Ex, kinda like splinter cell but you're basically playing as the terminator. If you are free this autumn look up Watch Dogs, ubisoft game, looks amazing, it got loads of Best of E3 awards so its something to look out for.
    Yes, Watch Dogs is the game I am watching out. I just want to make sure that I don't get myself distracted while am at university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)

Thanks I consider getting playstation plus, this month.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.