Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

Would anyone here say that the catered option is worth it?

The EAT AND DRINK STUDENT CARD allows us to top up 50 pounds a week and get 55 pounds credit. And it can be used at:
    • Sports Café
    • Level 1
    • 4W Café
    • Parade Bar
    • Claverton Rooms (postgraduates only)
    • Wessex

How's the food at these places?

ReputationRep:
    I guess the determining factor is whether or not you think you will spend it all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student-95)
    I guess the determining factor is whether or not you think you will spend it all.
    I think I might even exceed it. I have a very big appetite(i.e. i can easily eat 2 large pan 12 inch pizza by myself and have have 3 similar meals a day), and I want to know if its worth it? Say if i don't go for catered option, would I be paying the same by cash as compared to paying for my food with the student card(catered option)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klask)
    I think I might even exceed it. I have a very big appetite(i.e. i can easily eat 2 large pan 12 inch pizza by myself and have have 3 similar meals a day), and I want to know if its worth it? Say if i don't go for catered option, would I be paying the same by cash as compared to paying for my food with the student card(catered option)?
    You have an effective 10% discount because your card gets topped up by 55 but pay 50. You then pay the same as everybody who pays cash.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by klask)
    I assume the prices are the same regardless of how you pay for it. However if you go for the catered option you get £55 to spend and you're only charged £50 so as long as you spend over £50 it'll be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    I would say it isn't worth it. Lots of the time people eat and drink in the SU which isn't covered on your card. Also I've never ever spent £50 a week on food.

ETA: If I go for a burger in Parade or a coffee in 4W etc I pay the same in cash as someone catered would pay off their card.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.