Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Got this letter through this morning "We cannot pay you an allowance from 21 March 2013. This is because: you have claimed another benefit like Income Support or Incapacity benefit."

    I havn't claimed either in my life, I've tried ringing but getting no help. Any help please?

    Hi nmuer,

    If you have claimed Income support, or Incapacity benefit the Job centre should be able to tell you, call them up and ask for the details of the claim. Then ask them to remove the claims.

    Then you should be eligible for JSA

    Also they should help you... So I am unsure why they haven't unfortunately without Job centres support you can't do much.

    In addition the letter should also have details of appealing, if you can't get help appeal the decision and I am sure eventually this will be sorted.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.