Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anybody else is studying Russia and Ireland at AS Level on Edexcel, and if so, what kind of revision techniques are you using?

I really need help with the structuring of my essays and I somehow always manage to adopt a 'narrative' approach instead of consistently analysing. I was just curious to see if anyone else struggles with the same issues.

Irish History is currently the bane of my life; there are no revision guides out there (that's I know of) and it's just generally a really boring topic. However, I am pretty desperate to do well as I want to go to a decent uni next year and I've only studied three subjects, so I need all the UMS marks I can get!

If anyone can help, I'd be really grateful

ReputationRep:
    Is this on the OCR exam board ? and is Russia mainly about the Tsar , Lenin and Stalin ? cos i'm doing that , but Britain instead of Ireland

ReputationRep:
    Nope, Edexcel! But yes Russia is mainly Tsar Nicholas II, Lenin and Stalin and then their individual policies and shortcomings! Oh that's cool well, Ireland is all basically about Britain trying to decide whether or not to grant Ireland independence, like yay :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cremeeggaddict)
    Nope, Edexcel! But yes Russia is mainly Tsar Nicholas II, Lenin and Stalin and then their individual policies and shortcomings! Oh that's cool well, Ireland is all basically about Britain trying to decide whether or not to grant Ireland independence, like yay :/
    ah right fair enough haha , so the content is similiar but i assume the style to answering the questions is different ( for OCR Russia i have to do 2 50 mark essays )

Yeah haha we cover that in Britain ( slightly ) about the whole idea of Home Rule and what not , and how it caused problems for the Tories/Labour/Liberals whoever the **** was in charge then ! In truth , Britain is SO boring and i can't wait till next year ( Russia and Nazi Germany )

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it's definitely different, I have to do 2 30 Mark essays for Russia, and then one 20 Mark and one 40 Mark for Ireland. I know exactly what you mean, we're doing Nazi Germany and Medicine, I did them both for GCSES so hopefully I'll be pretty familiar with the topics which might make it easier, idk though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 4, 2013
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.