The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2300
Original post by emma.b
I didn't know what to say either don't worry! Nice accent! You do sound older, especially compared to me!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's awkward because I'm younger than you all, some by almost two years! Do I sound posh though, in real life, I definitely do!

Original post by Bude8
If you think my accent is horrible then just say :emo:

It's just...well...slightly...unusual...
Reply 2301
Original post by Vionar
Coming from you... Someone has a higher post per day count that you! By about fifty posts!

Is that good or bad? I sound horrible, and recording things don't help whatsoever, I wish I had a cool accent.

That would be a blessing, I had to post it but no one listen, DON'T LISTEN! Now you're going to listen aren't you.

I changed my post again:biggrin:
Reply 2302
Original post by Vionar
It's awkward because I'm younger than you all, some by almost two years! Do I sound posh though, in real life, I definitely do!

It's just...well...slightly...unusual...

Oh wow! Well I'm one of the youngest in my year so we are in the same boat buddy! You do sound posh!:wink:
Whereas I sound like I was raised in a field...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Here's another clip of my voice, just reciting a line of translated Latin that I have to know.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aOBTMXteo1
same, the amount of people who ask me if i go to a private school and who tell me i sound posh is ridiculous ... i dont even sound that posh
Reply 2305
Original post by emma.b
Same here, I think I write like I'm on speed or something, but it's cause I'm happy! My writing is over dramatised by these darn exclamation marks....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wouldn't be surprised if people at school were... Happiness is overrated :emo: Everything looks much vetter with an exclamation mark! It's like: you have no friends! You failed all your exams! They make everything nicer!

Original post by EduWiz
I changed my post again:biggrin:

Oh this is getting out of hand! Which page is it on, I can't remember!?
Reply 2306
Original post by emma.b
My accent?

soundcloud: -emma.b
https://soundcloud.com/emma-b-10

embarrassing I know, but I wanted to prove that I don't sound like Gerard Butler! Haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha you don't sound like Gérard Butler(his Scottish btw) I like your accent pure irish 100%:p:D
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 2307
Original post by Vionar
Wouldn't be surprised if people at school were... Happiness is overrated :emo: Everything looks much vetter with an exclamation mark! It's like: you have no friends! You failed all your exams! They make everything nicer!

Well I don't know oh forget it:biggrin:
Reply 2308
Original post by Vionar

Oh people are at my school, it's not a big shock! Happiness is good:wink: haha, oh I know doesn't it?! Exclamation marks are the best part of punctuation...exclamatory sentences just make my day!:wink: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2309
Original post by EduWiz
Haha you don't sound like Gérard Butler(his Scottish btw) I like your accent pure irish 100%:p:D

Woo thanks! I'm glad I do not sound like a man!
And well, Irish without the 'to be sure to be sure' 'top of the mornin to ya' 'thirty three and a third' and all that jazz!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Oh my, I'm gonna PM people... So many posts!:redface:
Reply 2311
Accent challenges you say?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2312
Original post by Bude8
If you think my accent is horrible then just say :emo:

Are you trolling? :/ all i heard was a robotic rusty sound.

Posted from TSR Mobile OMG THIS NEW APP IS SO COOL. I'm DYING.
I'm always...
Original post by Jina
Are you trolling? :/ all i heard was a robotic rusty sound.

Posted from TSR Mobile OMG THIS NEW APP IS SO COOL. I'm DYING.

I didn't say but I dropped something when doing that first recording, the second recording is clearer :tongue:
It's even more annoying when you actually do go to a private school, they always want to know which one ... :angry:

Yes get in there ! But tbh I think most english accents sound quite posh to foreigners :tongue:
Original post by sarahiscool
It's even more annoying when you actually do go to a private school, they always want to know which one ... :angry:

Yes get in there ! But tbh I think most english accents sound quite posh to foreigners :tongue:

Which private school do you go to? Harrow's All Boys School?
Reply 2317
Original post by EduWiz
Well I don't know oh forget it:biggrin:

You could've just posted it normally, rather than doing all your confusing things!

Original post by emma.b
Oh people are at my school, it's not a big shock! Happiness is good:wink: haha, oh I know doesn't it?! Exclamation marks are the best part of punctuation...exclamatory sentences just make my day!:wink: haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Meh, happiness is ok, not too bad! They make bad things sound nice, and who wants a boring full stop?

I'm 15th, the same day as the Omagh bombings :frown: 16 days for me!

Young-ness is the best, we'll die last! Where are the people born in September!?

Original post by Bude8
Here's another clip of my voice, just reciting a line of translated Latin that I have to know.

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0aOBTMXteo1

Wow, sounds so happy!

Original post by emma.b
Oh wow! Well I'm one of the youngest in my year so we are in the same boat buddy! You do sound posh!:wink:
Whereas I sound like I was raised in a field...

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're only older than be by about a year then, but I wonder what being the oldest feels like, I'll never know! I am most definitely not posh, someone asked me once, then asked me if I lived in 'insert certain area' and I said no, and 'insert where I live', and they responded with 'oh, you're not posh then.' How nice! But it is nice to be known as 'not posh'. Oh dear, I'm rambling again.

You don't sound like a farmer, but it sounds more country-side-ish, which is much nicer than chavvy!

Has anyone seen the new class system? It has seven levels, and one of them is 'elite'! Not at all elitist...
Reply 2318
Original post by Bude8
I didn't say but I dropped something when doing that first recording, the second recording is clearer :tongue:

So that's what it was! Your accent sounds really cool, it's quite deep too!
Original post by Vionar
x

I appreciate the sarcasm :colonhash:

Latest