The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bluffroom
Yeah it was AQA - what did you get?
I don't even think that having to sit them at the end of the year is that bad, history is easy - and for AQA they don't as the current year 11s here they are doing their first one in May.

If you check my coursework list I have added more. I forgot some.
It's ridiculous.

I know it is really ridiculous
But hopefully the reward at the end will be successful
Original post by Armani786
I know it is really ridiculous
But hopefully the reward at the end will be successful

hopefully.
Reply 4402
Original post by Jina
I'll pretend i didn't read that. :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

:P Please don't tell me you're an examiner :O :O :O
Reply 4403
Yeah it was AQA - what did you get?
I don't even think that having to sit them at the end of the year is that bad, history is easy - and for AQA they don't as the current year 11s here they are doing their first one in May.

I got 71/80... A* :smile:
I can help if you'd like but I got my exam script back yesterday and it's so funny and embarrassing! Lol
Ahh but they need to know everything for British society, cold war and Germany/WW11 which overlap and blah, they deserve it. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4404
Original post by Armani786
I'm feeling depressed right know...no joke
yeah i guess somehow if i just turn my mood into a good mood then i probz can pull it through :wink:
Well sone for passing your exams! :smile:

Ahh... You can talk to me on messages if you're feeling really down. Honestly when you hear my story you'll feel much more confident. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4405
Original post by gomg
:P Please don't tell me you're an examiner :O :O :O

My Dad is. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
I got 71/80... A* :smile:
I can help if you'd like but I got my exam script back yesterday and it's so funny and embarrassing! Lol
Ahh but they need to know everything for British society, cold war and Germany/WW11 which overlap and blah, they deserve it. Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

The exam I did was out of 120 O.O

You get your exam scripts back?!?!

Like I said the year 10 in my school aren't doing it all in year 11 - their first exam is in a month.
It's not overlapping at all really - they stop where each starts - history isn't hard. You need to know a few facts and need to be able to critically think. Not hard at GCSE>

LOOL is he really?
Original post by gomg
omg this! I have to stay at school for another 3 weeks because of the stats exam! At least I have 2 weeks straight for stats revision lol

I know :frown: stupid isn't it ..... could put it on the 26th may or something :'(

I have had English Language
Chemistry 1a b 2 3 (plus 2 and 3 resits)
Biology 1 2
Physics 1 2
Chemistry ISA (plus resit)
Biology ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
Physics ISA + ISA Exam 2 (plus resit of ISA)
History B 1
Geography 1 + resit, 2 and 3
IT 1

Actually that's 26....

You english people and your resists, jeez it's like they want EVERYONE to pass - wether it takes 2 or 23 tries. You guys have it easy. We get one prelim in October ( which don't count for at all) and the final exams in April-June - no retakes whatsoever.
Reply 4410
The exam I did was out of 120 O.O

You get your exam scripts back?!?!

Like I said the year 10 in my school aren't doing it all in year 11 - their first exam is in a month.
It's not overlapping at all really - they stop where each starts - history isn't hard. You need to know a few facts and need to be able to critically think. Not hard at GCSE>

Haha must have been a different exam. :/
Haha yup... Everyone got it back for English. :smile:

Haha I agree, GCsE history is one of the easiest! :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366228385.849729.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4411
Original post by Princepieman
You english people and your resists, jeez it's like they want EVERYONE to pass - wether it takes 2 or 23 tries. You guys have it easy. We get one prelim in October ( which don't count for at all) and the final exams in April-June - no retakes whatsoever.

The current government are scrapping re-sits though. I've done no re-sits at all, not everyone does it. I think people deserve chances however, at GCSE level anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4412
Original post by Jina

Haha I agree, GCsE history is one of the easiest! :smile: ImageUploadedByStudent Room1366228385.849729.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Whats with the holes:tongue:
got my second chemistry ISA score today :biggrin: ..improved from 42 to 44 :biggrin: :biggrin:

any UMS predications on that ? :/
Reply 4414
Original post by Jina
The current government are scrapping re-sits though. I've done no re-sits at all, not everyone does it. I think people deserve chances however, at GCSE level anyway.

Posted from TSR Mobile

and A-levels :angry:
Original post by Princepieman

Dude it's not about the passing which pissed everyone off, they upped the grade boundary by 15 for everything on a hard paper - a lot of teachers saying it was the hardest paper in a long time too. The boundaries was upped because of external pressure to do so. I still got a high B but if the boundary hadn't moved I would have had a high A if not an A*. To actually do the resit though I have had to effectively redo the entire course - because the GCSE was done, so no I didn't get a resit - I resat the course. It was unfair as it made an A* unattainable for people who should have got one - 2 people out of 300 people got one at my school - 40 people got one the year before.

Before you criticise us I want to see your June 2012 GCSE English Language A*.

Our school offers 1 resit for some subjects - most you don't get to do. The only reason I get to do science ones and English ones is because we do language a year in advance, we do ISAs very early and there are 3 papers you can do each year. And the geography one allows 1 resit.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 4416
Original post by techno836
got my second chemistry ISA score today :biggrin: ..improved from 42 to 44 :biggrin: :biggrin:

any UMS predications on that ? :/

Hmmm still an A
Reply 4417
Original post by EduWiz
Whats with the holes:tongue:

Hahaha! I was covering my full name, centre ID and candidate number. -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina

Posted from TSR Mobile

We never get any back - just scores.
Reply 4419
Original post by EduWiz
and A-levels :angry:

Ahh but once you do re-sits at A level you can wave goodbye to looking good to Unis.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest