The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9420
Original post by NoMathsPlease
It's just a gigantic syllabus isn't it? Also I find the mark schemes on the practice papers we do in class really rigid- they require specific words and that is all they'll accept.

I'm on the same board and agreed, I just find that for a 5 mark question with an entire page of writing space you could literally answer with 5 specific words and get all the marks. Also, you could write a biologically correct answer which is really in depth and knowledgeable but not get the marks because they are solely interested in a few basic words or phrases. You sometimes do have do 'dumb' yourself down.....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by amalik_
I'm on the same board and agreed, I just find that for a 5 mark question with an entire page of writing space you could literally answer with 5 specific words and get all the marks. Also, you could write a biologically correct answer which is really in depth and knowledgeable but not get the marks because they are solely interested in a few basic words or phrases. You sometimes do have do 'dumb' yourself down.....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly! For fish pollution you get no credit at all for expanding answers (random example) yet you could write five shaky bullet points and get 5 marks.

This is what worries me with biology... Not the questions but the mark scheme.
Sounds like the most horrendous thing ever haha. Still, 3 hours sounds like a good shift. Go "enjoy" yourself :tongue:

"enjoy" :wink: haha as long as they have WI-FI I'll be fine :biggrin:
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
On my exam timetable, there is a 10 minute gap but that is only to get ready for Unit 3 and for the double-science people to get out of the exam room. My brother said that he wasn't allowed to get up

Oh my, that sounds harsh!!! I'm personally not doing triple science but a number of my friends are.... and they have a short break!! So i think it is dependent on your school to be honest but really, you should have a longer break !! to refresh memory !
Original post by PriyaPaul
I'm only doing Unit 3 Biology on the 14th.. Ohh that's harsh.. back-to-back exams

\

did you do unit 2 earlier then ?
I have 5 and a half hours of exams on June 5th :frown:
Reply 9426
Original post by Bude8

You'll be fine :smile: you're bude! Plus you'll have half term to revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile
^ many people have that problem!

Original post by Jina
You'll be fine :smile: you're bude! Plus you'll have half term to revise.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You revise!
Reply 9428
Original post by MattFletcher
you should probably get started :tongue: :wink:

I have! I'd already done a reading test, and now I'm half way through the listening!
Original post by Bude8

Same, well 4hr30 :/ which ones? I have Ad Maths (2hours) Physics 2(1 hour) and Latin (1hour30) :frown:
Reply 9430
Original post by L'Evil Fish
^ many people have that problem!

You revise!

Lool... Damn. You're on here too! Im off! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jina
Lool... Damn. You're on here too! Im off! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bye:wink:
Reply 9432
Omddd.... Questions like these will make me rip my hair off in the exam. How am I supposed to come up with 4 points for that! Help?

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368281309.127356.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BuddingAchiever
Oh my, that sounds harsh!!! I'm personally not doing triple science but a number of my friends are.... and they have a short break!! So i think it is dependent on your school to be honest but really, you should have a longer break !! to refresh memory !

Ours is literally they take Unit 2 in and then give out Unit 3 :frown: Even if we are allowed out, I doubt we can revise as we will most likely be in quarantine anyway
Original post by RhymeAsylumForever
Ours is literally they take Unit 2 in and then give out Unit 3 :frown: Even if we are allowed out, I doubt we can revise as we will most likely be in quarantine anyway

that does sound scary !! But I'd suggest that by consolidating all knowledge on monday! haha what other exams do you have ? my friend has 5 exams in one day !!!... one after another... so really i feel sorry for her !
Same, well 4hr30 :/ which ones? I have Ad Maths (2hours) Physics 2(1 hour) and Latin (1hour30) :frown:

RS 1 hour 30
Latin 1 hour

Physics 1 hour
Admaths 2 hours
Original post by Bude8
RS 1 hour 30
Latin 1 hour

Physics 1 hour
Admaths 2 hours

Ah, same then.. I made a mistake with Latin. Atleast they are pretty straight forward exams, especially the Latin.. Swear those language papers are an insult :tongue: . What are you doing for the Pros and Verse? We did the 12th Aenead for Pros, it's enormous.. Thank God that's the last exam haha.
Reply 9437
Original post by Bude8

SAME :frown: history (if you hear a wailing in the distance that would be me), physics and FSMQ

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9438
Original post by amalik_
SAME :frown: history (if you hear a wailing in the distance that would be me), physics and FSMQ

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you see heavy rainfall in the middle of Summer... That'd be me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Children are annoying. Help.