Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I need to choose between these subjects for my GCSE, but it is so so HARD!!! I want to study Government (Political Sciences) and History at LSE, but I need to make a choice from these. The problem is that most choices that my school offers is not so good - in my opinion. I have already chosen my options, but I am changing one of them. This one is Art.
    These are my options:
    Spanish
    German
    History
    Media Studies
    Art - changing it to either drama or business studies - or might keep the same?/

Please tell me your views - which subject I should take???? BTW, I am doing Triple Science, as well as IT, RE and core subjects.

CD

ReputationRep:
    I've done Art, Drama and Business Studies. I'd say Art if you're willing to put in the effort as it can be quite fun even though it may also be frustrating. Drama is also good, but it depends on who else has chosen it because I ended up being put with bad groups when I did it. Business Studies was alright but rather boring, so I'd avoid that one.

ReputationRep:
    I'd do art and business studies and drop media studies. Media is not a respected qualification because it's so easy and won't help with what you want to study at LSE.

Business studies can be quite boring sometimes but it's quite easy and more relevant to what you want to study at LSE.

ReputationRep:
    Do History, Business and a language.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you guys so much;'] I value your opinions and I might decide to drop Media Studies, as well.

ReputationRep:
    Business studies is probably the most practical, but it depends if you like it or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I enjoy art, I wouldn't be good at drama because I'm quiet. I admire people who do take drama though and it seems quite fun to those who enjoy it. I unfortunately hate business studies, it's easy and there's no exam but it's so boring. However, if it's something you're interested in, in the future, go for it.

Just do what feels right .

ReputationRep:
    Everybody I knew who took drama regretted it.. so from what I know I wouldn't go for it. I took art and business studies, art was by far my favourite subject! It's time consuming, but rewarding, and I found it gave me a break from my academic subjects which definitely helped me cope with stress!! As for business, I found it a bit boring, but it was easy and like others have said it's a more respectable qualification than media studies.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks to your support, I decided to take, Business Studies instead of Art

ReputationRep:
    Drama - not a good option to pick, it's an extremely soft subject and barely accepted and respected
    Art - I'm not an art student myself, but I have friends who say it is a LOT of hard work
    Business - In my opinion, the best of the 3, but apparently can get boring at times, but I also know people who love it

Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.