Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Currently back for uni for another week or so, been back since last Wednesday. Obviously I've been seeing friends from back home who aren't at my university, which includes making plans to meet some next a weeknight evening. Girlfriend (whom I spent all weekend with, as well as living with at university, rang me the other evening to ask if I want to meet her and her friends next week (on the same evening as I've planned to see friends who I don't see when I'm at university). I told her I'd like to come and meet her friends but as I've already made plans I'm not sure if I can, I'd see what I could do. Anyway, I told her this morning that I won't be able to make it and since this morning she's been extremely blunt as apparently I'd claimed I'd 100% go (absolute rubbish).

Am I right in thinking she's being extremely petty, especially as I see her daily when at university. More of a vent more than anything as I can't really see an argument for her stance (it's not even blob week).

anon, think she's on here.

ReputationRep:
    Sounds to me like you're both being petty - you for complaining about something so trivial on TSR.

ReputationRep:
    I think she's in the wrong for getting so upset about it, and (as you said) making things up.

However, maybe you should have just said from the start that you couldn't go, and not get her hopes up. You're back from university, and you (quite rightly) want to see your friends. And of course, you made those plans first. I'm sure if you explained to her that you've already organised this with your friends, and you won't be able to, she wouldn't be so upset.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.