The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
Original post by MintCrepz
Could we have had Nitrogen (III) dioxide ? How were we meant to know it was nitrite lmao.

i thought that too but it was an ion so i went for nitrate
Reply 981
Oh god. Should not have read through this, thought the exam went well until I realised all the questions I managed to get wrong. :frown:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 982
For the equilibrium bit it was:

Yield falls as eq shifts in endothermic direction and then yield increases as shifts to side with fewer moles (Very simplified answer lol)

In the increased temp bit was it the usual: Rate increases as more particles have the energy required to collide, this means there are more successful collisions per unit of time

Is it correct to say the rate of the backward reaction also increases ?
Original post by Tejmasta
I put that but google keeps telling me that it is nitrite ion not nitrate

It really doesn't matter tbh. You learn this in F335 in a bit more detail; the A2 revision guide also writes Nitrate (III) ion:

IMAG0965.jpg
Original post by tigerz

Yield falls as eq shifts in endothermic direction and then yield increases as shifts to side with fewer moles (Very simplified answer lol)

In the increased temp bit was it the usual: Rate increases as more particles have the energy required to collide, this means there are more successful collisions per unit of time

I also put increase. But I struggled on that, crossed out increases, then wrote decreases, then wrote no change, and finally agreed on increase lol!

I would imagine that it would increase it as well, as increasing the temperature should have an equal impact on both the forward and backward reaction...
Reply 985
Original post by Tejmasta
I put that but google keeps telling me that it is nitrite ion not nitrate

Revision guide says nitrate
Reply 986
Original post by tigerz
Ahh, I think mark scheme accepts both oh wells a mark or two lost haha

Technically he is correct, but on all OCR salter's papers, you get a mark for writing that despite it seaming obvious, because they wont to know if you know that vibrational energy is kinetic, so you will defiantly get the marks, and certainly not lose any for writing it down.
Original post by tigerz

I put decrease, increase
Same for the rate question
and yes.. :smile:
Reply 988
Original post by ambbs
Anyone else hate that last 6 mark question on the advance notice? Thought the paper was going alright up until I got to that question, I didn't have a clue!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I hated it. I don't understand what the answer really is for that question. Anyone know?
With hindsight, I think I probably should have looked at chapter 11.3 of chemical ideas, considering the press release article was called 'Atmospheric Nitrogen: Out of Thin Air' :banghead:
Reply 990
Original post by krisshP
I hated it. I don't understand what the answer really is for that question. Anyone know?

the answer was all in the prerelease text. all you had to do was basically copy out what it said
Reply 991
Estimated mark for A?
Reply 992

That's what I put :smile:
Original post by super121
Revision guide says nitrate

Page 246 of Chemical ideas, table at the bottom. I remember the question said to give the systematic name, so I don't know if both are acceptable.
Reply 994
Original post by krisshP

I think you're literally just lifting out that last paragraph on page 3 of the advanced notice. The advanced notice is more of a reading comprehension compared to the rest of the paper.
Original post by krisshP

Into Atmosphere;
From soil and oceans (aquatic and soil systems)

Equation:
N2O --> N2 + O

How it disappears;
By that reaction which is photolysis (QWC)
The radical can then react with N2O to produce N2 + O2
It can also go back into the ocean
Reply 996
Original post by imym
Og god. Should not have read through this, thought the exam went well until I realised all the questions I managed to get wrong. :frown:

hmmm me too /: everyone seems to have done really well, so grade boundaries gunna be high ....
Reply 997
Original post by abzy1234
Yah! But I still don't get how F335 has the lower weighting than F332. Salters is messed up :tongue:

I'm very surprised you realised this now
Reply 998
Original post by abzy1234
I also put increase. But I struggled on that, crossed out increases, then wrote decreases, then wrote no change, and finally agreed on increase lol!

I would imagine that it would increase it as well, as increasing the temperature should have an equal impact on both the forward and backward reaction...

Original post by steviep14
I put decrease, increase
Same for the rate question
and yes.. :smile:

Awesome! looks like we all agree :P Good good..what else was there :/

Oh shape of N2O is linear? 2 regions of electron density? :smile:
Oxidation state was -3, became +3, increases in ox state= oxidation...

I didn't get the isomer at all, haha drew some random shiz
Reply 999
Wasn't the alcohol question tertiary?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending