Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hey guys ok basically the situation! my so called best friend has turned out to be fake and shes getting people against me! Luckily enough most people are on my side but some of my other friends are on hers!!!!!!! ive done absolutely NOTHING wrong at all! but the reason she hates me is because me and my best friend who is a boy (been really close for 5 years) and then i asked him out and he said yes!!! yay! and she was fine at the beginning but as me and the boy are really close now and i mean really close! i can trust him with EVERYTHING! and she doesnt like it. shes jealous of it. everyones told me so cause she cant keep a relationship going for longer than a month. and now shes spreading rumours about us! and the other day she was being really horrrible about something about me and my other friend slapped her!!! LOL
    just wondering what can i do to get revenge or make her jealous? cause everyones like oh ignore the rumours everyone knows their not true! but im just wondering.... hahaa!
    sorry if this sounds sooooo big headed but im not at all!!!:eek:

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey guys ok basically the situation! my so called best friend has turned out to be fake and shes getting people against me! Luckily enough most people are on my side but some of my other friends are on hers!!!!!!! ive done absolutely NOTHING wrong at all! but the reason she hates me is because me and my best friend who is a boy (been really close for 5 years) and then i asked him out and he said yes!!! yay! and she was fine at the beginning but as me and the boy are really close now and i mean really close! i can trust him with EVERYTHING! and she doesnt like it. shes jealous of it. everyones told me so cause she cant keep a relationship going for longer than a month. and now shes spreading rumours about us! and the other day she was being really horrrible about something about me and my other friend slapped her!!! LOL
    just wondering what can i do to get revenge or make her jealous? cause everyones like oh ignore the rumours everyone knows their not true! but im just wondering.... hahaa!
    sorry if this sounds sooooo big headed but im not at all!!!:eek:
    I suppose it's one of those times when you find out who your friends really are. Try to explain to your other friends, the ones who have "gone against you" that they haven't heard your side of the story and that they shouldn't judge based on half the information. You "best friend" is just being childish and rather than be happy for you she's lashing out. Have you at all neglected her once you became boyfriend-girlfriend? Maybe consider spending more time with your friends and a little less with your boyfriend? Or bring your boyfriend along to friendship groups and let your friends see that he is trustworthy and let them make up their own mind about him?

Just be careful and don't stoop to her level. Spreading rumours to get back at her will only lead to more pain in the long run. It may be jealousy fuelling her rage or it may be something else entirely. If it is something else and you do find out what it is, you may live to regret spreading nasty things about her. Be an adult, hold your head high and don't retaliate in the same way as her. If she really is your best friend she will get over the phase and apologise. Try talking to her on your own, don't bring your boyfriend along, sort this mess out woman to woman. It may be what you both need.

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Two words: Move on.

ReputationRep:
    Taking revenge or making her jealous? Seriously?

How pathetic. Grow up. Jesus.

ReputationRep:
    This seems very immature....

ReputationRep:
    Eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
    Move on.

ReputationRep:
    you can change her name on the register to something rude, if i recall thats the kind of stuff i did when i was in year 7 too

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 7, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.