The Student Room Group

Would my gcses affect my chances of going to a top uni?

Hi there, I was just wondering if my gcses would hinder my chances of going to a good uni, not oxford or canbridge, but a top 20 would be nice.
Gcse
Engllish lit B
English lan B
Maths B
Science core A
Science additional A
History B
Business A
French B
R.E B
Graphics B
3A 6B
Then my A levels were AAAA in Biology chemistry, Economics and polotics.
Considering I have a good PS, and relavant work experiance, would my Gcses really affect my application.
Also, I want to do either biomedical sciences or Business and management at uni. Oh and maybe polotics :wink:
Thanks
Not really.

I mean, unless the course is EXTREMELY competitive, the last thing they do is look at your GCSEs given you done them 2 years ago (and thus have vastly matured since said time) - I think you should be fine so long as you don't apply to Oxbridge.
Wow those are some amazing grades! I think as long as you have a grade C or above in English & Maths which you do you'll be fine, its more A levels they account for and they're awesome grades
agreeing with Scienceisgood, it won't affect you and looking at your GCSE grade it's quite good you got 3A and 6b. I don't think you have anything to worry about
You got an A in politics and yet you can't spell it?
You did well in your GCSEs. Those results are way above average and you've done great in your A-levels. You don't need to worry!
Original post by PythianLegume

Well, in his/her defence, they did also get a B in English lang and lit.
Reply 7
Original post by PythianLegume

Lol, I wasnt really paying attention.
Reply 8
Original post by Scienceisgood
Not really.

I mean, unless the course is EXTREMELY competitive, the last thing they do is look at your GCSEs given you done them 2 years ago (and thus have vastly matured since said time) - I think you should be fine so long as you don't apply to Oxbridge.

Thanks, I wasnt going to apply for the likes of Oxbridge anyway, I was thinking more Leicester, Loughborough

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending