Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi, so I'ved been bullied since around year 4, I went to a different college to everyone from my school just to avoid it and guess what? I get bullied again. I try social networking, I try and do what everyone else does and what is 'normal' and still I don't get accepted and I'm still the freaky loner. What is wrong with me? Why won't people accept me for who I am?

ReputationRep:
    What do you get picked on for? Or do you just get bullied in general?
    College students usually act more mature than high school ones so bullying is not as common. Bullying in uni is pretty much non existent.
    Whatever happens you can't let this bring you down, or else they have won. You are the better person. You aren't the one picking on someone for no reason and for the fun of it. Carry on, stay strong and be successful in what you want to do. Be the best. Living successful is the best revenge.

Posted from TSR Mobile

At first it was my weight, so I lost 3 stone in about 2 years. Then it was because I had glasses, I stopped wearing them and now I've ****ed my sight up...

ReputationRep:
    Bullies tend to be cowards and have a range of psychological issues themselves - broken homes, abusive parents, a lack of confidence, anger issues etc...

Just be yourself and you will find others like you, don't try to be something you're not or you not just be unhappy but also a target. I went to a fairly rough school and had long blonde hair (Male), was completely anti-social and was thin as a twig and very short. I got teased but was never bullied because I had the confidence to do what I did without concern of what others thought. On the odd occasion someone did decide to approach me they got a blank stare to which they always walked away (One known bully was actually scared of me).

I'm not telling you to grow your hair or become anti-social, but wear your glasses and if you're approached don't cave in. Join a few clubs and find some like-minded friends to support you. Perhaps even take up a martial arts to give you a confidence boost by knowing that you can defend yourself if need be - although that should always be a last resort. You will find most bullies will back-off if challenged, they have plenty of other targets to pick on.

If the bullying is enough to put you in real physical danger then report it, even if you face consequences from the bully at the very least if the bully tries to go to far the college will be aware of exactly who to blame and will have them on record hopefully expelling them or providing you with some other form of protection.

ReputationRep:
    People bully others usually because they either are jealous that you have something they don't or you seem to be a weak target that couldn't defend himself. I've been bullied for about 8 years, had to change school, thought about suicide, didn't go to school for a week because was begging my mother to let me stay at home etc. They always saw me as a perfect target because I couldn't defend myself and they all were jealous of me as a person.

Don't let them ruin your life, believe me, they can! They lowered my confidence so much that I'm still struggling to regain it.. Also, never become on of them! Few of the bullies that I know didn't achieve anything in their life, few didn't even finish high school and living a poor life. I know one bully that is now being bullied by others!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Are unpaid trial work shifts fair?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.