Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

hello all,
    today I left home and took refuge at a relative's house, She is not aware of anything, and I am pretending I am just here on holidays.
    Anyways, I miss home already, not really the people, but my routine there: I had a gym and met great people there, got to know the instructors; my job was next to my house as well; we had loads of amazing shops/places to go to, etc

I am now living in the East End, in a residential area where there is NOTHING. I live too far from home to go to my gym and need to live at 6am to be on time to work!!!!!

I also recognize that my family is not totally to blame for my leaving. I knew I had many issues, but I did not like the way they addressed them. I was hoping to prove that I can be a responsible person far from my family. I think I want to prove it to myself, more than anything.

I feel like such a bad person, after thinking about all the torment I caused at home. Will I ever change?

(Original post by Anonymous)
    hello all,
    today I left home and took refuge at a relative's house, She is not aware of anything, and I am pretending I am just here on holidays.
    Anyways, I miss home already, not really the people, but my routine there: I had a gym and met great people there, got to know the instructors; my job was next to my house as well; we had loads of amazing shops/places to go to, etc

I am now living in the East End, in a residential area where there is NOTHING. I live too far from home to go to my gym and need to live at 6am to be on time to work!!!!!

I also recognize that my family is not totally to blame for my leaving. I knew I had many issues, but I did not like the way they addressed them. I was hoping to prove that I can be a responsible person far from my family. I think I want to prove it to myself, more than anything.

I feel like such a bad person, after thinking about all the torment I caused at home. Will I ever change?
    You can always visit home, just because you have moved away doesn't mean you have to stay away. Of course it's going to be hard, it's a massive change. Well done for having the courage to do it. Your family would be proud of you no matter what and there is no harm in saying that you aren't settling in as well as you wanted. Who knows, they may even have some good advice for you? Still, the whole point in life is making a new routine. If you are still new to living away, just stick at it for a bit, you might find that things get better over time and you settle into your new life. Make new friends, spend time with them, don't coop yourself up. People come and go so it is understandable that you feel sad but you may make your friends for life here. Give it a chance, see if you can find a closer gym or failing that closer accommodation if it is really bothering you. I'm going to be living in the East End from next year but I don't think the lack of things to do is a problem - just hop on the tube to central London - ta-da.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    hello all,

Hello, hope you are feeling ok and not feeling too crappy about yourself. In answer to your question-recognising that you made mistakes is the first step to change. Swallow your pride and go home,apologise and tell yourself that to make positive steps in your life,home is where it needs to start. Get your routine back,save hard and move out closer to home when you are ready.

(Original post by lillyblue)
    Hello, hope you are feeling ok and not feeling too crappy about yourself. In answer to your question-recognising that you made mistakes is the first step to change. Swallow your pride and go home,apologise and tell yourself that to make positive steps in your life,home is where it needs to start. Get your routine back,save hard and move out closer to home when you are ready.
    it is not possible to go home just yet! From experience, things are never forgotten and I will be reminded about what I did whenever they feel like it. I already committed mistakes and apologised, but it did not improve things in the long term.
    I know I am a difficult person, and maybe I should go back, but there is a high chance that I will be refused entry.

What a mess!

ReputationRep:
    So your relative doesn't know that you live here? She thinks you're only staying for a short while?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.