Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

So yeah as the title suggests, I just got rejected by a girl (I'm a dude). We had been talking for two weeks constantly on chat, and then today I sent her a couple of messages and have gotten zero response.
    I'm a very shy guy, and it took quite some courage to talk to this girl (who's really hot!!!) and then suddenly I get rejected.
    We exchanged photos and stuff but after exchanging facebooks this happened, why?
    I feel like **** atm . I know as a man that I will take many blows in my hunt for girls, but I'm still sad (this is my first time talking to a girl in this way.)
    I don't really have a question, just felt like sharing it with someone

ReputationRep:
    Seemed a little encouraging. What did your messages say?

ReputationRep:
    Be proud that you had the courage to do it. At the end of the day you havent lost anything, but it's good experience for the future. If you had never asked, youd live with regret, at least you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CR-19)
    Be proud that you had the courage to do it. At the end of the day you havent lost anything, but it's good experience for the future. If you had never asked, youd live with regret, at least you know.
    This really. Don't feel discouraged, everyone gets rejected every now and then

ReputationRep:
    You're too emotionally invested in a non-existent relationship, frankly it's pathetic. So you exchanged contact details you don't own her and she owes you nothing.

ReputationRep:
    She saw something on your face book page? She didn't like your photo? Many reasons. Chin up. Plenty more fish in the sea. Not everyone is right for each other.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So yeah as the title suggests, I just got rejected by a girl (I'm a dude). We had been talking for two weeks constantly on chat, and then today I sent her a couple of messages and have gotten zero response.
    I'm a very shy guy, and it took quite some courage to talk to this girl (who's really hot!!!) and then suddenly I get rejected.
    We exchanged photos and stuff but after exchanging facebooks this happened, why?
    I feel like **** atm . I know as a man that I will take many blows in my hunt for girls, but I'm still sad (this is my first time talking to a girl in this way.)
    I don't really have a question, just felt like sharing it with someone
    Were you about to propose??? boohoo how old are you??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dejah Thoris)
    You're too emotionally invested in a non-existent relationship, frankly it's pathetic. So you exchanged contact details you don't own her and she owes you nothing.
    c'mon, that's not a nice thing to say

ReputationRep:
    Now that you've done it once, you won't be afraid to ask another girl.

ReputationRep:
    starting relationships with someone you met online is always a bit weird tbh. Hey maybe you got lucky, this "really hot girl" might have been a 45 year old man in disguise.

ReputationRep:
    True, but he has feelings and there's no reason why he can't feel hurt.

I didn't say I owned her or anything like that
    I was just a bit sad. Now after the initial blow, it's okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eliza.anne)
    This really. Don't feel discouraged, everyone gets rejected every now and then
    There can be some different reasons,

*she might has a problem, that doesnt relate to u, and she stops chatting
    *perhaps she is in the midle of liking two boys, u and another
    *perhaps she needs to cool down becuase she is afraid of releationships
    *so then u must wait a litle bit patiently , and say hello to her a few more times in the future... that will definatly proof u are not a hit and run type...

Wish u good luck !!!

ReputationRep:
    Ps u say that u are shy, but u cannot be to shy in life hey, DID u say to her simply that u think she is very pretty and good looking ? Otherwise she will never know hey....

(Original post by noobynoo)
    She saw something on your face book page? She didn't like your photo? Many reasons. Chin up. Plenty more fish in the sea. Not everyone is right for each other.
    Well we'd seen each others pictures.
    Yeah it's all good .
    It was just unexpected really. She was all over me these two weeks and then suddenly, stopped answering my texts.
    It's just a bit weird

Maybe because our social circles differ a lot, she felt we wouldn´t be compatible :dontknow:
    She could have at least told me

I'm the nice, science student (I study engineering--- Although I do party ocassionally) whereas she is more of a party-girl and studies Human Resource Management.
    Maybe that's a reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Galileo Galilei)
    c'mon, that's not a nice thing to say

I keep it real.

(Original post by edwinemanuelposse)
    Ps u say that u are shy, but u cannot be to shy in life hey, DID u say to her simply that u think she is very pretty and good looking ? Otherwise she will never know hey....
    In real life I'm not really shy with the guys AT ALL but girls are a completely different story .
    I can talk to girls which I find not very attractive but the attractive ones mesmerize me. I don't know what to say to them .
    Behind the computer screen I'm a lot more confident and I told her she was pretty and stuff multiple times, but not that I fancied her. I'm too shy to do that
    But I'm learning

I'm 18.

ReputationRep:
    Escalating things for no reason :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I loved this answer. These days people assume you're after friendship or even more when you chat to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she just hasn't been online to reply...

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.