Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Im currently in my AS year and hoping to study Mental Health Nursing when i go to university i have only recently found out about the specific career though and am worrying about my lack of experience.
    I have tried applying for a few voluntary jobs in charity shops and care homes but were either told I would need to work full time, they were full [of DofE kids] or i needed more experience.

Is there any other types of voluntary work that could possibly help me?
    Does anybody in Sheffield know of care homes that are willing to take newbies who cannot work full time?
    Also i did DofE Bronze, will that help my chances?

ReputationRep:
    Try looking at local day centres. MIND charity do a lot of local projects where a lot of MH patients go and are always looking for volunteers.

ReputationRep:
    Are there any EMI (Old age psychiatry) hospitals with Alzheimer's Society volunteers attached to it by you maybe?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Discussions on TSR

• Latest
  • Personalise
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.