Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a very hard time making a decision when it comes to this matter.
    I have acceptance from Imperial and King College London and i dont know which one to choose.
    I like how highly Imperial is ranked but i'm worried it wont be as social and friendly as Kings seems to be, i've heard that people there are a bit snobby.

Is there any way i can go to Imperial for the first year, and if i dont like it then transfer to Kings? does it even work like that? will i have to start over?

ReputationRep:
    WoW!! congrats on the acceptance by imperial. Here is my advice, if i was you I'd go to imperial coz you'll have better opportunities afterwards. for example a relative of mine graduated from there and is now working for an oil company in the middle east, he has a free house, maid and car all paid for by the company. Yes there will be snobby people but there will also be 'normal' people and you'll naturally start to hang with those you have things most common with. You'll also make friends with snobby people..... but dont blow off the opportunity to go to one of the top ranked unis in the world just coz there will be snobby people. Choose wisely

Hotdog95.

ReputationRep:
    WoW!!&nbsp;congrats&nbsp;on the acceptance by imperial. Here is my advice, if i was you I'd go to imperial coz you'll have better opportunities afterwards. for example a relative of mine graduated from there and is now working for an oil company in the middle east, he has a free house, maid and car all paid for by the company. Yes there will be snobby people but there will also be 'normal' people and you'll naturally start to hang with those you have things most common with. You'll also make friends with snobby people..... but dont blow off the opportunity to go to one of the top ranked unis in the world just coz there will be snobby people. Choose wisely&nbsp;<br><br>Hotdog95.

ReputationRep:
    Im just worried that Imperial will lack "the university experience" everyone talks about.
    Plus as an international student im pretty screwed on the tuition so i might not even be able to go no matter my acceptance :ashamed:
    Thank you for the advice though.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Have you visited both of them?

How friendly and sociable did the students seem when you visited?

If you've visited or not then why not contact Imperial and Kings and ask if they can put you in contact with a student currently on your course - that way you'll be able to ask someone directly about the content of the course, the good (and bad!) things about the uni and find out about whether the social scene is as you expect or whether it is different.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.