Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am going to sit this exam in May it is unit 1 competitive markets of Edexcel Economics. I cannot get above a C in this exam and it is due to my poor evaluation on the 14 markers. I really need to get a high A on this unit so if you have done this and got an A I can really do with some tips on evaluating the 14 markers and any other tips to get the high A. Thank you
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Student296)
    Hello, I am going to sit this exam in May it is unit 1 competitive markets of Edexcel Economics. I cannot get above a C in this exam and it is due to my poor evaluation on the 14 markers. I really need to get a high A on this unit so if you have done this and got an A I can really do with some tips on evaluating the 14 markers and any other tips to get the high A. Thank you
    Some general points to think about for evaluation:
    Look at the magnitude of change and whether there is any time-lag involved so short run/long run considerations e.g. supply of food is inelastic in the short run but elastic long run as producers are able to respond to price changes. Also look at other factors and then prioritise which factor you think is most significant.
    Hope that helped

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the.cookie.monster)
    Some general points to think about for evaluation:
    Look at the magnitude of change and whether there is any time-lag involved so short run/long run considerations e.g. supply of food is inelastic in the short run but elastic long run as producers are able to respond to price changes. Also look at other factors and then prioritise which factor you think is most significant.
    Hope that helped
    Thank you for your help I will put them into practice when doing past papers.

ReputationRep:
    bump

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.