Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I hijack your forum for dental advice please??? watch

ReputationRep:
    I had a root canal on a pre molar done last August and as far as I can tell it was a success as I've had no pain since. About a week before my 6 month check up (where I knew a crown would be recommended) a piece of the temporary filling fell off whilst eating. The tooth still felt distinctly 'tooth shaped' so i wasn't too worried. I went to the apt and told her this, she wasn't too worried. I'm booked in tomorrow for the first if 2 apts to have a crown fitted and tonight the rest of the filling fell out!! Now as I'm going to the dentist tomorrow and am not in any pain I'm not massively worried but would like some reassurance.

I think it's the rest of the filling so I'm just left with a tooth with a hole in it. My worry is, is the root canal now exposed allowing bacteria in?? I can see overly white stuff under where the filling was, and pink bits (not blood). I brushed my teeth straight away and can go without food before my apt tm if necessary.

Any advice at all? Even if its just to calm down??

Thanks for reading!!

ReputationRep:
    Should be fine. Your tooth won't rot away in a day. Don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    It will be fine very soon, you just brush your teeth gently and use good quality tooth paste.

ReputationRep:
    It'll be fine, they'll just give it a big clean before filling and crowning.

I went years with a massive hole in my tooth where a filling fell out and my tooth is still there to tell the tale

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.