Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    This will perhaps be fairly long so bear with me

So, I'm a current student at the University of Nottingham and applied for accommodation with Broadgate fairly early on as I didn't really want to do the whole house share as I haven't met anyone at uni that I would actually want to live with (this hasn't changed), though I had asked a friend (as I'm from Nottingham originally) but she couldn't and so we had planned to do it in our last year and I knew this wouldn't change.

However, a few months after all of that and long story short she was forced to move out of her home and essentially doesn't have many options other than getting me to move into a flat or somewhere cheap with her.

So I called Broadgate up, tell them this and they say all is fine as long as I find someone to fill the room that I was given, otherwise I will have to pay for a room that I won't be living in. Easier said than done.

So, my main reason for posting on here? Well firstly this is stressing me out enough so yeah... but anyway the room I have needs a replacement and because I'm a returner, or at least would have been, I get the discount applied on top of the fact that the room I was given is the cheapest available anyway.

Now I put this in purely because students that are applying for accommodation for 2013/14 could get this room rather than a randomly allocated one, which may or may not be their first choice anyway, and it is also slightly cheaper.

Anywho, if you want the details of the room (copy and pasted from the many other websites I've posted this info on) I shall also put them here.

'Available room for the 2013/14 year at the University of Nottingham whether post-grad, undergrad or an international student as I no longer require the room.

Room type - Single standard Bedroom in Broadgate Park. Available from 21/09/2013 to 13/09/2014 with a 51 week licence and so no need to move out during the holiday periods. Shared kitchen and bathroom.

Secured 24/7, shops on site and also located nearby Beeston high street and supermarket stores such as Tesco. The hall is also conveniently very close to University Park and the university's transport connections to Jubilee Campus and Sutton Bonington.

As this is student accommodation, rent is not collected weekly or monthly but is instead paid for in three fairly equal instalments (one per term) and bills for water, gas and electricity are all inclusive.

As I am a current student at the University of Nottingham, the room will be at a 10-15% discount. As Broadgate have stated that all I need is to find a person to fill the room, they receive the contract I have.'

photos of the room: http://www.uppbroadgatepark.com/standard-room.php

If anyone is actually interested just reply/message me on here (or however it works on here) or you can email me on [Removed - please use PMs or post here]

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 4, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.