Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hi guys

just wondering if any of you have been accepted into optom (or anyone u know) as a grad student with a 2.i or 2.ii (borderline) medical science degree?

if so which unis? i know there aren't many for optometry.

thanks

ReputationRep:
    i applied with a 2:2 in biomed and a merit in msc nutrition having decided on a career change and got unconditional offers from aston london city and anglia ruskin. rejected by manc and brad but didnt care much for bradford anyway. my alevels wernt the best and i am 23. im currently workin in a opticians and enjoying it until i go to aston i sept i was never the best academic in secondary school or college but once i got to uni and suddenly had a brain upgrade lol you can do anything so long as u want it bad enough

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    congrats for getting into aston!
    how long after you applied did you hear back from them

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Cardiff with a 2:1 in Maths and Stats, 9 years after graduating and was accepted fine so shouldn't be a problem. Just getting to the end of my first year and thoroughly enjoying it.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 27, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.