The Student Room Group

Guys are never interested in me

Scroll to see replies

Original post by jellybeansnkmk
I feel the same. But my friend once sent me this photo. And i thought, i'll wait. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think relationships are like fairy tales and your going to be swept of your feet by a prince charming who fulfills all of your "qualities" and "expectations" your going to be alone for a long time .
Original post by Millie228
- Take better care of yourself. You can probably look better than you do now - work out more, spend more time on your hair and clothes, experiment with makeup. Dress feminine and learn how to show off your best assets in an elegant way.
- Work on your attitude and body language. Smiley girls are pretty girls, posture is crucial and try not to have closed arms across your chest.
- Expand your social circle. Think about how often you actually meet new people. Get new hobbies and spare time activities.
- Go out more. Consider how often you're in a bar, dinner party or at a house party where there is a chance you can meet a guy and the setting is relaxed and social so that he might approach you.
- Be sweet, open, feminine and interested. Don't try to be always be "one of the guys", let yourself be the feminine one.

Thanks for this. Better than the "wait for the right person" BS, sometimes you need to work on yourself.
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
If you think relationships are like fairy tales and your going to be swept of your feet by a prince charming who fulfills all of your "qualities" and "expectations" your going to be alone for a long time .

I agree. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but girls can be quite arrogant about meeting guys, almost by default hoping guys will approach them.
Original post by Jonnyisonfire
All of my this

Clarity is paramount - if you like a guy, in my opinion, tell them. They could be too shy to pronounce their feelings. The worst thing they can say is "I don't like you back". And if you want my advice, consider the quiet guy in your life. He might be the one you're looking for.

Let me guess, you're quiet :wink:
Reply 24
Original post by someonesomewherexx
Let me guess, you're quiet :wink:

it's always the quiet ones that habour the strongest feelings
Original post by Anonymous
I'm starting to wonder what is wrong with me :frown:

I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality. I have no problem making friends with guys but they never see me as a potential gf, as a result I've never had a bf. I don't think there's ever been a guy who's actually fancied me in my whole life or if there is I've never noticed :s-smilie:

Any suggestions? It's really starting to affect my confidence

It doesn't matter! :smile:

You don't need men to validate you. Trust me, you don't. If you are waiting for the approval of men, you well never be happy.
Dont panic!! My current boyfriend never had a girlfriend until he met me. He is 28 and I am 30... Its who you are that makes you special, never change and the one person you have been waiting for will notice you and love you for who you are.
I know it sounds corny and cheesy but it worked for my other half so why not for anyone else...
Reply 27
(edited 11 years ago)
I agree. I know this sounds a bit harsh, but girls can be quite arrogant about meeting guys, almost by default hoping guys will approach them.

Exactly

Think about if for a second , if you expect this dashing perfect man of your dreams what do YOU have to offer thats going to make you stand out for every other girl , you cant expect this godly toned model looking man to want to be your girlfreind just because you want it to happen, its not your birthright as a woman to be entitled to this dream like man .You have to have things to offer also , a perfect figure , an endearing personality etc . This is why its better to have realistic standards .
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by pinkangelgirl
Hey OP,

I just wanna say the EXACT same thing happened to me.

Guys only ever seem to want to put me in the 'potential sex zone' rather than girlfriend zone (not that i cared at the time, but it did make me question what was wrong with me).

Anyway, been single a LOOOONG time and all of a sudden I made friends with this guy, we got really close, found we had loads in common- hes like the guy version of me, and now we are in a relationship.

I didnt even want a relationship, but it just felt right with him.

So yeh Im just trying to point out that i was in the same boat and often things come out where you dont expect them to :smile:

Mhmm, the same happened to me :smile:
OP, I always thought, 'I'm like the teenage version of Bridget Jones', 'no-one will ever properly like me', etc. Boys had asked me out, ok, but I never thought any were really serious about me, by this I mean I felt like they weren't all that bothered if I said yes, as they'd already have someone else lined up anyway. Or if they did seem genuinely interested, I didn't like them in that way. I thought, 'i won't let it bother me, when it'll happen, it'll happen', and I was surprisingly right. One day, I met this boy (a friend of my sister's), who went to my school, but I hadn't really known. We spoke a lot, and became close, and realised we were sooooo similar, and on the same wavelength as each other. We're now in a relationship and very happy with each other. My point is, don't be so hard on yourself and feel down when there doesn't look like there's a boyfriend material guy on the horizon at the moment. It's a cliche, but it's true; the right guy really does come along when you least expect it. Smile, chill, be yourself and stop worrying and I promise you it'll all work out :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tcrumpen
it's always the quiet ones that habour the strongest feelings

You would say that :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by someonesomewherexx
You would say that :tongue:

yes because it's true, it's not just myself that i've seen deal with feelings but can't / don't say anything
Why does there have to be something wrong with you? Maybe you haven;t found the right guy? Some people just need outward validation more. But if it's affecting you with guys you like, maybe you are giving off an ambitious, focused, or tomboy thing that intimidates them? I dunno your personal circumstances though.
Original post by jellybeansnkmk
I feel the same. But my friend once sent me this photo. And i thought, i'll wait. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think that's bad advice. A list? Relationships are about affection, attraction, trust and love. These aren't objective things that can be broken down. So if on your list it says "blonde" or "likes reggae" or "chatty", you're going to discard anyone not with those qualities? Maybe instead of settling, these girls have looked beyond the superficial and made a connection with someone. Dating isn't a science, no matter what the websites tell you.
yes because it's true, it's not just myself that i've seen deal with feelings but can't / don't say anything

I like the can't/don't because you can. Force yourself to.
Reply 35

I've been told I'm attractive, have a decent body and a nice personality. I have no problem making friends with guys but they never see me as a potential gf, as a result I've never had a bf. I don't think there's ever been a guy who's actually fancied me in my whole life or if there is I've never noticed :s-smilie:

Maybe you are hanging out with a bunch of gay boys
Reply 36
It just sounds like you have low self esteem,you're putting pressure on yourself to have a boyfriend. Just go out with your friends enjoy yourself & I guarantee when you least expect it you'll meet a guy. :smile:

Maybe get some bigger boobs? Start showing more flesh?? That will attract more boys. Go to clubs/bars with your boobs out and I guarantee you will pull.
Reply 38
Original post by TooIntelligent
Maybe get some bigger boobs? Start showing more flesh?? That will attract more boys. Go to clubs/bars with your boobs out and I guarantee you will pull.

Yes you will pull, but it will be the wrong kinda guys, those kinda guys are single for a good reason
Yes you will pull, but it will be the wrong kinda guys, those kinda guys are single for a good reason

Well she sounds like she just wants to get laid. The guys banging her will at least probably be good looking.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending