Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Outgoings

I'm quite confused on this one. I'll be going into 5th year Dentistry this September. Think I've got this right- The NHS will pay tuition fee's, and SLE will provide a subsidised 50% standard maintenance loan. Then an added NHS bursery.

From now on is just a rant. NHS bursary calculator is means tested so unless the calculator is lying I'm on for £0 bursary. This is ****** bull****. My parents might have a good income but what about outgoings? Mortgage? Recent house move?

If finals wasn't stressful enough it looks as though money will be a pain too. Can't get a job due to demands of course (I've tried!). Right now it looks as though I will have to get a professional study loan. How can they expect any healthcare professional to have faith in NHS if we aren't supported from day 1. I'd prefer them not to pay the tuition fee's and just have the 100% SLE loan as standard. Silly silly times

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.