Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The anime 'Death Note' watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I started watching this. Absolutely love it. It's a change from the (biased) perception I have had of Anime TV shows as bad kids cartoons. It's really quite gripping.

I got up to episode 25ish and...

Spoiler:
    Show
    L dies

And I don't know whether it's worth even continuing past this point? I have had a few people tell me the show goes completely downhill after that.

ReputationRep:
    Death Note is brilliant Yeah many people have that same perception of anime but there are loads of more serious shows out there, there's all sorts of genres when it comes to anime :yes:

Yeah a big turning point at that episode. I wouldn't say it goes completely downhill but after what happened, "they" just didn't have the same intensity and also i wasn't very fond of "them". In my opinion i thought the 2nd half was still excellent, it just wasn't as good as the first 25 eps. Ending is ****ing epic though So yeah you should continue with it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eugenius 8)
    Death Note is brilliant Yeah many people have that same perception of anime but there are loads of more serious shows out there, there's all sorts of genres when it comes to anime :yes:

Yeah a big turning point at that episode. I wouldn't say it goes completely downhill but after what happened, "they" just didn't have the same intensity and also i wasn't very fond of "them". In my opinion i thought the 2nd half was still excellent, it just wasn't as good as the first 25 eps. Ending is ****ing epic though So yeah you should continue with it
    Do you have any recommendations of anime like Death Note? I was looking at Ghost in the Shell but I want something that has long arcs rather than 'one bad guy to fight a week'.

That's disappointing but I guess I'll continue. Do you know if the graphic novel differs significantly from the show and whether that is worth getting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffled Snuffles)
    Do you have any recommendations of anime like Death Note? I was looking at Ghost in the Shell but I want something that has long arcs rather than 'one bad guy to fight a week'.

That's disappointing but I guess I'll continue. Do you know if the graphic novel differs significantly from the show and whether that is worth getting?
    I haven't seen Ghost in the Shell but I've heard it's good. Similar shows, you can check out Code Geass and Mirai Nikki? They aren't particularly long arcs though but they're worth seeing.

Don't worry it's still really really good I read the first few volumes of the manga after watching the anime but I got quite bored of it cos I already knew what was gona happen :p: I've heard it's the same but they stretch out the 2nd arc a bit more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muffled Snuffles)

I recommend these

http://myanimelist.net/anime/239/Gankutsuou
    http://myanimelist.net/anime/33/Berserk

Quite dark and well written.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.