The Student Room Group

Feeling very upset, scared and anxious as have to go dentist tomorrow for a tooth out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Nick1sHere
I wouldn't worry about it, I remember being pretty worried about it but afterwards realised it wasn't even that big of a deal

Thanks a lot, I'll try and keep busy between now and then, y'know, just keep occupied and maybe it won't seem so bad?
Original post by Stressed Eric
Thanks a lot, I'll try and keep busy between now and then, y'know, just keep occupied and maybe it won't seem so bad?

Best way of doing it, just dont think about it and by the time it comes round just think oh well, may as well get it over with.

Altogether took less than half an hour i think, and the dentist struggled to get mine out. Good luck brah
Reply 22
Original post by Stressed Eric
I have been feeling a hole in one of my back tooth (think it's the wisdom one) for the past few weeks, made an appointment to be seen by the dentist, saw him this week and he said you have very bad decay on that tooth, would you prefer a filling or for your tooth to be taken out? I opted for the tooth extraction :frown:

I am booked in tomorrow at I think 4:15 pm but now I am having second thoughts and am really freaking out. Is it to late to cancel now? the dentist told me last time I have already missed 2 appointments and if I miss any more I may be charged, despite this I cannot even recall any missed appointments :confused:

I would also like to know, if I

. Can go to the hospital to have it taken out and cancel my appointment tomorrow?

. If I go tomorrow will I be given anesthetic ?

. how long the process takes

will my tooth grow back ???????

oh yeah and finally.............. :frown:

It's ok to be nervous, everyone feels the nerves. If you make your dentist aware of your nervousness then he/she should take your treatment slowly, step by step. You can opt out of it anytime you want. You will be given anaesthetic into the surrounding gum. Your tooth will not grow back and the time for the process varies depending on how fast/slow your dentist takes it. You won't taste the anaesthetic as it's adminstered via a needle, if you don't like needles ask you dentists if he/she has a piece of techology called 'the wand'. This technology is a pain free way of administering anaesthetic. After the anaestheticis given the dentist will feel around the area being treated with an instrument and will ask you if you feel any pain. If you are feeling any pain make sure you notify your dentist, you will be given another dose of anaesthetic. During the treatment, you shouldn't feel any sharp pains, you will feel pushing and pulling. Just stay calm and trust your dentist and i am sure you will be fine :smile:
The way I see it- you've had 28 teeth out in the past, few with anaesthetic. Now you're having one taken out and anaesthetic to take the pain away.
Don't worry, you won't feel anything!

I've had some baby teeth out before (they never fell out) and I know it's not the same as adult teeth but it was fine. The only bit that hurts is injecting the anaesthetic which is hardly noticeable at all.
After that the dentist will poke your gums a bit to check that they're numb.

My advice would be just to relax and close your eyes, chances are you won't even notice when they get taken out. Make sure you tell your dentist that you're nervous so they can help.
I had six teeth removed when I was 15 and had to be put to sleep in the hospital.

I awoke to find myself dribbling and mumbly incoherently about Scooby Doo to the nurses. Mortified.
Im at the dentist tomorrow for back tooth extraction. Im 28 years old been to dentist once in my life when i was very young and has always scared me. I went last week for checkup as i was in alot of pain was told i have a badly decaying tooth and half of it has already came out (unknown to my knowledge) Absalutely shaking and nerves are going crazy ... i onow i need it out but still at this moment in 2 minds weather to go.. but i do onow i will be in pain if i dont go..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending