The Student Room Group

Will having a year in placement mean that you will lose friends?

I am looking at uni courses and I am considering apply to degrees with a year in placement, however I have doubts and concerns regarding friendships.

I do not know much about uni, but I assume that year 1 you are in student accommodation, and then once you have made friends you then choose who you want to flat share with in years 2 and 3. My concern is that when on the placement year, the friends that you have made will be in their last year (assuming they are doing a 3 year degree) and after the placement you will be in your 3rd year ... alone. :frown: is this that case?? :s-smilie::confused:

(Sorry if I have not worded this very well, however thank you for your time.)
Reply 1
Original post by Worms
I am looking at uni courses and I am considering apply to degrees with a year in placement, however I have doubts and concerns regarding friendships.

I do not know much about uni, but I assume that year 1 you are in student accommodation, and then once you have made friends you then choose who you want to flat share with in years 2 and 3. My concern is that when on the placement year, the friends that you have made will be in their last year (assuming they are doing a 3 year degree) and after the placement you will be in your 3rd year ... alone. :frown: is this that case?? :s-smilie::confused:

(Sorry if I have not worded this very well, however thank you for your time.)

depends, if you have friends on your course and on other 4 year courses then they will still be there when you get back, but yes you might not see others again

Quick Reply

Latest