Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm currently torn between going to Nottingham University and Manchester University. Both seem like very good uni's with good reputations, I've applied to do English and the courses are laid out differently but both look very interesting and each uni requires the same grades.

If I went to Manchester I would be staying home, and for financial reasons thats starting to look like the safer option, I'm just worried about missing out on a social life.

I was wondering if anyone from either uni could tell me what its like there and whether they enjoy it, I'd also like to know peoples opinions on staying at home to moving away. I'm really torn over which to choose and I haven't got much time left to decide so any help is much appreciated!

ReputationRep:
    City-wise, Manchester hands down.

ReputationRep:
    Leaving home to go to uni really is a major part of the whole experience, and it isn't something that should be missed. However, if you were to go to Manchester then you wouldn't have to stay at home - you're still guaranteed a place in halls, and if you're eligible for a bursary, then you'll get £2000 off the cost of halls anyway.

In addition, it doesn't always work out significantly cheaper, if at all, to live at home - here's a post I wrote for someone else, but will be equally applicable to you http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...3#post42047883

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.