Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter

    Okay so I have a conditional offer from newcastle for co outer science and applied for accommodation. I recently got an email saying that I won't be considered straight away and possibly won't get accommodation till after the start of term (I live I'm Sunderland btw). This means that I will have to travel at least on hour to get to uni everyday. I emailed the uni and said that I could still apply private accommodation just for first years. What should I do, take the chances and wait or apply for the private accommodation? Help

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    Given that
    - private halls tend to be overpriced and undersociable
    - people start dropping out of uni in freshers week, meaning that places to open up quite rapidly (and honestly, despite the hype, freshers week really isn't the best week of your life)

    I'd err on the side of taking your chances with uni halls. However, I would ask how long it is likely to be until a place becomes available in halls.
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Find out more

Accommodation profiles:

Downing Students

Universal Student Living

“Over 25 years of perfecting the student accommodation experience. Downing Students. Accommodation Made for you”

Prodigy Living

Prodigy Living

Accommodation in 15 cities across the UK, with 24 sites providing modern, stylish en suite and studio rooms close to the major universities.

iQ Student Accommodation

iQ Student Accommodation

Great value student rooms in city centre locations all across the UK

X1 Lettings

X1 Lettings

Luxury student accommodation in Liverpool & Manchester.

Collegiate Accommodation

Collegiate Accommodation

"This is student living. Just better."

Scape Student Living

Study Inn

Providing stunning high quality, boutique student accommodation throughout the UK

The Student Housing Company

The Student Housing Company

Award-winning student accommodation across the UK.


Student accommodation articles What to take to uniDo I need a TV licence?

Quick link:

Unanswered student accommodation threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.