Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I originally applied for Bsc Management at Warwick but want to transfer to Bsc Accounting and Finance. However I have no done A-Level Maths however I have heard I will still probably be allowed to transfer between these courses when I first get to Warwick. Therefore I am worried that because of the a-level maths requirement I will struggle and find the course really hard. Can someone give an insight into the mathematical level of the course and if it a bad idea to transfer without a-level maths.....

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    I did A level maths and I studied an introduction to accounting and finance and financial management modules at Warwick. I found it hard to understand, not from a maths point of view but the course is very hard to understand plus the lectures are rubbish.
    If you do management you still have to do accountancy modules, if you like accountancy and finance then you'll be ok but its hard and I hated so it didn't go down to well with me.

ReputationRep:
    bump for more info

ReputationRep:
    Not doing this at Warwick but for accounting maths is not important! It's more to do with critical thinking! For finance, you will get an advantage for having previously done alevel maths. There are quite alot calculations involved but the key is whether you like the subject or not. So it's all down to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.