Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, which of the following do you agree with about short women? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Since tall girls are often attractive.. out of curiosity which of the following points in the article, if any, do you agree with about short women?

http://www.corebloggers.com/blog/guy...ort-girls.html

ReputationRep:
    I don't really care about height. It's a bit awkward for kissing if she's taller than me but since I am around average height for a man there aren't that many women taller than me and most of them won't be interested anyway. It isn't a big deal for me and probably not for most other guys either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by civilstudent)
    Since tall girls are often attractive.. out of curiosity which of the following points in the article, if any, do you agree with about short women?

All of them

ReputationRep:
    I'm a tall guy with a relatively tall girl (5ft 10ish) and generally I'm more attracted to taller girls. I've casually dated short girls in the past but have never really found it an attractive trait. I guess it's just more convenient. However I know a lot of guys who go after short girls as they look cuter and they find taller girls more intimidating.

ReputationRep:
    I'm generally attracted to taller girls. I'm 6ft so girls above 5ft8 are niceee

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My last girlfriend who i was with for nearly 3 years was like 5,2". The top of her head barely reached my shoulders, I thought it was adorable!

ReputationRep:
    I think girls are usually the ones who are perhaps a tad fussier about height. I guess you could say guys prefer taller girls, but girls who are taller never go for a guy who is shorter.

So I reckon it's the girl who dislikes shorter guys as opposed to guys liking shorter girls.

ReputationRep:
    I'm 5 ft 7/8, so I envy most girls haha since I can't do anything with anyone above 5, 9 at a push. But I do like shorter girls, they seem cuter to me, in fact, I love shorter girls that are good looking, but there are do many fit girls who are also tall and that's a problem for me, and always will be.

ReputationRep:
    LOL on the contrary i like petite girls i think 5"5 is the perfect height for a girl this is all my opinion ofcourse. So OP shows that everyone isn't necessarily attracted to the same features.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fuze-mo25)
    LOL on the contrary i like petite girls i think 5"5 is the perfect height for a girl this is all my opinion ofcourse. So OP shows that everyone isn't necessarily attracted to the same features.
    Yeah but I think the article was saying why guys like short girls.

I think it'd be more appropriate to say guys don't want a girl to be taller than them. And conversely girls don't want to be taller than a guy. In reality girls want to be shorter than the guy even with heels on!

ReputationRep:
    5ft 5 is average/above. Petite is the 4ft11/5ft height.

ReputationRep:
    I'm defo more attracted to shorter girls and I don't know why. It's not exactly that I like to seem powerful or anything I always have been and also unattracted to taller girls. Just the way it is.

ReputationRep:
    If my boyfriend ever called me adorable I would actually throw up. I'm not a kitten.

ReputationRep:
    Uh, pretty much all of them for some reason.

ReputationRep:

I agree with almost all of them.

ReputationRep:
    5ft 5 is average/above. Petite is the 4ft11/5ft height.
    Really? Most of the girls i know are taller around 5"8 so 5"5 would be shorter

ReputationRep:
    Really? Most of the girls i know are taller around 5"8 so 5"5 would be shorter
    I've not done an research but at a guess I'd say an average girl was probably 5'6".

So at my height of 5'5", I'm pretty much written off by 50% of girls before I've even started.

I would LOVE to be shorter im 5ft 11 and everybody is shorter than me i hate it, all my girl friends are below 5ft 3 and even with their gigantic heels dont even touch 5ft8 being tall and a girl is not fun, i live in flats becuase i feel like the BFG in heels people come up to me and say 'god your tall' as if i didnt know i was tall. Guys are always shorter than me !

being short is not a curse i think its great you can wear heels all the time you little and cute i just look like a baby giaraffe whose not in control of their limbs

also no offence that blog is so bloody rude 'most tall woman are confident mixed with arragonce' no i dont think so most are insecure about being so tall its the short woman i find to be the arragont ones as they believe there so sweet and innocent looking due to their height

Tall woman are not aware of their options

sex with shorter woman is better? erm no, my boyfriend still manages to throw me around the place with no issue, just because your short doesnt mean yur better than sex,and also i weigh less than some of my 5ft5 friends, i have probablyy one of the most active adventourous sex life out of all my friends and its nothing to with height thats a load of ****

i can walk around like my boyfriends trophy regardles of my height

traditional social norm? not all guys are shallow enough to dump a girl becuase she is tall

Im sorry but whoever wrote this blog is an absoloute offensive mug, whats this im short and im insecure about it so im tall and im going to make all tall woman feel ugly and inferior and like no man will want them?

its very very very horrible that somebody who is clearly insecure feels the need to **** of the ones she jealous of, i hate being tall but my no means is my sex life **** ( im with a shortter guy and its the best sex ive ever had) hes not intimiated by me he doesnt hide me away becuase im not cute enough or short enough, oh and im in proporition to my body my arse aqnd boobs fit with my boody size

Some people make me so angry !

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, an interesting one isn't it? I think stereotypically shorter girls are assumed to be soft natured and sweet, whereas taller girls are assumed to be confident and assured. To a large extent, I can sort of see this amongst my girl mates. One girl I know is about 5'9 and she is very confident. She knows exactly what she wants in terms of career, romance etc. will make sure she gets it. However, another girl I know is about 5'2 and she is really charming. However, she isn't the type to be very forceful, dominate conversations or come across as a really strong personality.

That said, I can also think of a lot of girls who are tall and not very confident and girls who are short but quite arrogant! I don't think there is a direct relationship between height and personality, but I can see how the two may influence one another.

As to the why guys like shorter girls? I personally prefer girls of average height, rather than short or tall. I'm 5'10, so someone around 5'4-5'5 would be ideal - a 5 inch difference is perfect for hugs. If she were taller than me, it would feel very strange and intimidating in a way! I'm not sure about the protection thing - this seems slightly outdated to me. Most girls can handle themselves - well they have up to the point they meet their boyfriend, so I don't see why he suddenly has to become the bodyguard! I would care/protect my girlfriend regardless of the height. Thats just my view.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.