Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I'm 5"8 and 8st 13 pounds. But I have a belly coming on, but still am scrawny when looking at my arms and shoulders, I just need some tips to help get in shape? And to keep motivated.

Also having skinny legs, track suit bottoms look really big on me when I wear them to the gym, is that odd? Or is there different types of trackies I can wear? (I don't like to wear shorts as my legs are extremely hairy)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It all depends on what you want to achieve? Do you want to build muscle or are you wanting to get generally fit?

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    who cares if they look baggy. its the gym man

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Muckoz)
    who cares if they look baggy. its the gym man
    Agreed.

Don't think about other people, no one cares and no one is looking. Just focus on what you're doing.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    You're going to the gym, essentially to improve your health and appearance?

You're currently creating a vicious circle...

1. Want to improve appearance, so will go to the gym

2. I'm not happy with my appearance when in gym clothes

3. Don't go to gym

4. Appearance hasn't improved

5. Want to improve my appearance, so will go to the gym...

Nobody at the gym will be concerned with how you look, they will be occupied by what they are there for. :yep:

ReputationRep:
    If you want to lose weight and have problems with motivation you should take up a sport. You'll get fitter and make new friends/enjoy yourself etc, and then as you improve you may find yourself wanting to go to the gym as well.
    You could be put off from doing this because you're worried what the other members of the club will think of you when you first join, but remember that they'll always have beginers at a similar level to you no matter where you go, and anyway you're probably paying some form of membership fee, so not matter how bad you are at the sport, you're still generating revenue for the club - so they'll be happy to have you.

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.