Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Here is my situation, i got offers from
    -Imperial for Maths with Stats for Finance
    -LSE for Business Maths with Stats

I'm an international student from Europe (mainland) and am torn between the two unis.

Both seem to be consistently 3rd/4th on the UK national league tables every year, but Imperial dominates the world rankings whereas LSE is ranked very low on international rankings so i'm leaning towards Imperial (i know its bad to use rankings to decide but i don't know which to do)

For my future career i definitely don't plan on going into research in Maths but i have no idea of what career i want. I would like to go into Accountancy/Consultancy/Banking so many people say LSE but i don't want to close the doors to scientific fields (which Imperial offers).

I also want to work internationally in the future, so which uni will be better for me?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    lse is more famous

ReputationRep:
    For Mathematics with Stats, go for Imperial.

Imperial is the quantitative university.

LSE is the commercial university.

Imperial does very well in international rankings.

LSE is more famous but lags in international rankings because the rankings are science-bias.

ReputationRep:
    Ignore international rankings in your case, they only concern research and the reason is its almost impossible to compare different countries on teaching standards and student satisfaction. LSE is very well known in North America, if you decide to work there. I would say Imperial is the safer bet since it cannot hurt no matter what you decide to do. LSE is more focused if you want a career in banking/consulting/accounting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.