Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Does anybody else watch the Russia Today news channel? watch

ReputationRep:
    I think it gives an interesting different view to the big news stories, like the north Korea crisis etc.

Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    Why dont you link us to some videos where they give an intresting view?

ReputationRep:
    I read RT, if only for an alternative viewpoint. Of course they are biased, but so is pretty much every other news outlet.

ReputationRep:
    it is all about Max Keiser

ReputationRep:
    Like others have said it's good for an alternate viewpoint. People are right to question it's legitimacy though, especially considering that it's funded by the Russian government and the fact that they can't actually criticise the Russian leadership.

ReputationRep:
    I have watched it a few times but nor for a while, out of interest how are they portraying the North Korea situation?

ReputationRep:
    I agree!
    Watched it for the first time in ages yesterday, and thought it was awesome.
    Rory Suchet is just another great member of the Suchet family!
    Al Jazeera is quite an interesting channel too.

As for North Korea, watch out for April 15th ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :))
    Why dont you link us to some videos where they give an intresting view?
    What about The Julian Assange Show?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i85fX...FB253&index=24

Something about student debt ...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSYw0...CC2E8&index=14

And, of course, Max Keiser:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSz4T...e_gdata_player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by placenta medicae talpae)
    I agree!
    Watched it for the first time in ages yesterday, and thought it was awesome.
    Rory Suchet is just another great member of the Suchet family!
    Al Jazeera is quite an interesting channel too.

As for North Korea, watch out for April 15th ...
    Why April the 15th?
    And yeah agreed on AlJazeera, France24 and RT are my faves though.
    But my ultimate fave is Sky News

Posted from TSR iPad
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Comes across as a peddler of conspiracy theories to me, they were predicting an imminent attack on Iran back in the start of 2012.

ReputationRep:
    Most media outlets have some kind of slant or bias, but RT is not even independent. Its interesting to see their view but only as it gives an insight into the public view of the Russian Gov.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Why April the 15th?
    And yeah agreed on AlJazeera, France24 and RT are my faves though.
    But my ultimate fave is Sky News

Posted from TSR iPad
    I think its a North Korean national holiday and they like them to finish with a 'bang'.

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouse01)
    Why April the 15th?
    It's their 'Day of the Sun' and big gestures can be made to commemorate Kim Il Sung.
    Many commentators are suggesting to watch out for that day -- it's not just RT.

ReputationRep:
    It's interesting to watch now and again, just like AJ.

Just gotta remember the bias, which a lot of people don't seem to do sometimes :cool:

ReputationRep:
    RT is bull****, you don't really need a news channel to get "another viewpoint". It's a pro-Kremlin propaganda machine, even Al Jazeera is less biased as its Qatari overlords at least pretend they want honest news.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Crimmy)
    I think it gives an interesting different view to the big news stories, like the north Korea crisis etc.

Anyone else?
    It makes a good alt to the BBC, lots of good UKIP coverage on RT. So I do keep up with it.

Also Lauren Lyster on capital account makes news so much more watchable, if you get what I mean.

http://www.youtube.com/user/CapitalAccount

ReputationRep:
    I don't mind Crosstalk, although it can descend into chaos and the host tends to lean towards one side or another when he should really remain impartial. As a few others have said, Al Jazeera is by far my favourite news channel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aj12)
    Comes across as a peddler of conspiracy theories to me, they were predicting an imminent attack on Iran back in the start of 2012.
    Lol yh. Anyway Iran was supposed to have nukes 20 years ago according to some countries and still hasn't, people must just like to say stuff about them for the fun of it.

ReputationRep:
    Probably not so good for unbiased news about Russia, but they do cover a lot of stuff the other news cahneels won't touch, and often give another side to main stream media coverage, which is often spoon fed press releases to publish.

(Original post by Crimmy)
    Anyone else?
    I watch it to see if I can get the main Russian headlines in English... other than that it is a ridiculously stupid channel, I mean the 'Keiser Report' with that **** Max Keiser is one of the worst shows I have seen, 'CrossTalk' makes me want to gouge my eyes out, Peter Lavelle is a real bore and the the interviews are no better. They also had that utter disgrace Julian Assange do a show, all in all, one of the worst channels on TV, worse than Faux News.

RTД though is actually useful if only for 'A Little Bit of Russian', a language learning programme.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.