Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hate my body, and I never wear nice summer clothes or dresses because of it. But I really want to lose some weight quickly, i.e a stone in a week. Is there a crash diet that anyone can recommend? I know it's not healthy or good for me, but I really want to lose this weight. Please can somebody help?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieW)
    I hate my body, and I never wear nice summer clothes or dresses because of it. But I really want to lose some weight quickly, i.e a stone in a week. Is there a crash diet that anyone can recommend? I know it's not healthy or good for me, but I really want to lose this weight. Please can somebody help?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    WHY do you want to lose weight that fast when you will gain it back extremely quickly??? why make such a hard effort? try losing more like 3lbs per week and you WILL keep it off

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You are not going to lose a stone in a week. You would need to lose 50 000 calories.

Losing a stone in a month is feasible with an extreme diet.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be a bit on the chub, to loose weight I just cut down on calorie intake, general rule cut 10% off your recommend calorie intake (to 1800 for women 2250 for men (roughly)) obviously a healthier diet will help but it's about a calorie deficit, for me 6 months of eating less and I was slim jim. A diet higher in proteins should help on the "fuller for longer" instead of piling on the carbs, but that's just spewing up the normal diet jargon though

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Everyone else who has posted is right. A stone in a month is just silly/impossible. Even 3lbs/week is a tough challenge. Change your lifestyle and diet in sustainable ways and you will have a body you are happy with all the time. Crash diet and you will have a body you are happy with for a few weeks if you are lucky. It's less effort long term to do it properly now.

ReputationRep:
    OP: Try low carb.

ReputationRep:
    obviously crash diets are bad, you will rebound etc. etc.

The fastest diet to lose weight would be a very low carb. You would have to be strict on the carb count 50G a day limit, For the first few days you will lose lots of water, this will reduce the puffy look most people have (as most people eat high carb). Then you will start tapping into your body fat to burn.

Basically just eat fat and protein: animals, fish, eggs, cheese, butter etc, (don't be scared of the fat)

ReputationRep:
    You probably won't achieve a stone in a week but I see what you're getting at,I was extremely poorly and cut out all solid foods and had one can of soup a day and I lost 5 pounds in a week,mum was really concerned because I was weak and that's because I was poorly *not* because I wanted to lose weight, and I tell you now I've put it all back on twice as quick,crash diets shouldn't be attempted so close to exams because you wouldn't concentrate and get grades you didn't want.
    Go for a walk after your dinner or a jog and you'll lose it in no time, remember to drink plenty and eat healthily but not take it to the extreme,have carbs and fats but in moderation

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JodieW)
    Since you don't care about the health aspects and only care about how you look, I might as well add this: if you starve yourself, you will end up looking like ****. You will lose muscle tone and end up smaller but just as soft. Your hair and nails will go to put and your skin will go dry and blotchy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered nutrition and supplements threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.