Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I am a 22 year old girl and its still shocking to me that I've never been out officially with anyone. ( embarassing for me to say but ive never been kissed before- im quite picky) I am quite religious and take it seriously (Catholic) but I consider myself to be also quite sociable and tolerant of others. I have friends from different age groups and from almost all corners of the world and backgrounds- which I love. But anyway I still have not been able to find someone complementary to who I am and since last year it has been driving me literally nuts! Emotionally its exhausting and so painful. Most of my friends don't know this obviously because I don't go publicising it. My mum says patience is good because thats how the best person will make it into my life but how patient can you be! I'm 22 for goodness sake! Lol- like I want to get married before I'm 30 and I haven't even advanced in the dating arena. Anyway that's mostly it. Will be happy to hear your thoughts No unhelpful comments please.

ReputationRep:
    wow im sorry to hear tht im 22 and I can imagine that your wondering what s wrong?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I am a 22 year old girl and its still shocking to me that I've never been out officially with anyone. ( embarassing for me to say but ive never been kissed before- im quite picky) I am quite religious and take it seriously (Catholic) but I consider myself to be also quite sociable and tolerant of others. I have friends from different age groups and from almost all corners of the world and backgrounds- which I love. But anyway I still have not been able to find someone complementary to who I am and since last year it has been driving me literally nuts! Emotionally its exhausting and so painful. Most of my friends don't know this obviously because I don't go publicising it. My mum says patience is good because thats how the best person will make it into my life but how patient can you be! I'm 22 for goodness sake! Lol- like I want to get married before I'm 30 and I haven't even advanced in the dating arena. Anyway that's mostly it. Will be happy to hear your thoughts No unhelpful comments please.
    There's your answer. Having standards is one thing but I being too picky is the downfall of many long-term singletons such as yourself.

22 isn't that old - I first had a proper girlfriend at 25. I think the best thing is not to think that your on your own in having not had a relationship with anyone yet.

As another thread will testify, you can certainly up your experience is less than a year, so I wouldn't worry about thinking about marriage at 30.

ReputationRep:
    Hey love, don't worry about it...

Lolo jones is still a virgin, 22 is still young. At least you're not infested with anything.

ReputationRep:
    The thing that really attracts people is confidence. When I was single, the more confident I acted the more guys became interested in me (may i add, confident, not arrogant).
    But you don't want to be with someone for the sake of it or it won't work. Have you got any male friends? I was good friends with my boyfriend before we became a couple and we've been together for 3 years and haven't argued once! So friends could be a good place to start?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I see you taking your region serious can be seen as a good thing, I'm a catholic myself but I don't go to church I tend to worship God in my own way. The right guy will come along and I hope you do find it but your still young, and still got your life ahead of you.

I'm coming 20 at uni and most of my mates are in relationships and I do want one tho I'm quite quiet and shy if I don't know you but once you get to know me I'm a different person unless I'm drinking haha so I got loads of time to find mrs right

ReputationRep:
    OP, I'm 26 and have never had a proper girlfriend, if that's reassuring to you. It's not a big deal that you've never had a relationship at 22, just focus on enjoying your life and regularly meeting new people. I'm not hugely fussed about still being single, as I know that it's just because I haven't met enough single girls that I like enough to want to date.

I'm 22 and have never been on a date either, hell i only kissed someone for the first time a few months ago. Most of my friends are girls and I meet enough people through them, but nobodys ever been interested. I've given up on anything ever happening tbh.

It's very uncommon at this age, sure, but i think there are others in the same boat.

I'm 22 and have never been on a date either, hell i only kissed someone for the first time a few months ago. Most of my friends are girls and I meet enough people through them, but nobodys ever been interested. I've given up on anything ever happening tbh.

It's very uncommon at this age, sure, but i think there are others in the same boat.
    haha! Thank you- its good to know in not the only one! Sometimes it feels like it! Lately almost all the damn time! With most of my close friends being in meaningful relationships ( which I'm so happy for them for) and nothing happening in my world.. But really not only that it just becomes emotionally painfully exhausting like over a year and maybe half now? Like there has to be someone there but he's not.. I certainly agree with those who mentioned starting from increasing my circle of friends- im undoing more of that atm and loving it (simply for meeting new ppl not potential bf) but even if you like someone how will you be able to express it and get things moving?

(Original post by LepreJohn)
    I see you taking your region serious can be seen as a good thing, I'm a catholic myself but I don't go to church I tend to worship God in my own way. The right guy will come along and I hope you do find it but your still young, and still got your life ahead of you.

I'm coming 20 at uni and most of my mates are in relationships and I do want one tho I'm quite quiet and shy if I don't know you but once you get to know me I'm a different person unless I'm drinking haha so I got loads of time to find mrs right
    That's really great for you that ur not too bothered. But I am because I feel I don't have a lot of time (uve got 2 years more than I have) to find mr right- partly bcos im a caatholiiiccc.. You get it?

(Original post by Mrx123)
    wow im sorry to hear tht im 22 and I can imagine that your wondering what s wrong?
    Lol yeah like I'm not worth it or something

ReputationRep:
    That's really great for you that ur not too bothered. But I am because I feel I don't have a lot of time (uve got 2 years more than I have) to find mr right- partly bcos im a caatholiiiccc.. You get it?
    Yeah I get it however I find that things will happen if they are meant to happen =] I would rather wait to someone comes along than worry about if they will come along you just have to get on with life haha tho saying that I would love to meet someone special however I have a feeling I won't for a good while yet but I just hope things look up at some point

Thanks everyone for your comments - found them really helpful

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 9, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.