The Student Room Group

how many points

Hiya,

I'm Starting college in september and im looking at options for after.

Im thinking of studying Accountancy course at Portsmouth uni which requires 280 ucas points.

The Course i am doing at college involves:

Btec Diploma in Business

Im doing the 12x60 hour units which is anywhere from 80-240 ucas points

I am also doing the AAT level 2 element.

I was just wondering how many ucas points level 2 offers ( accounting ) as i can only find values for level 3.

Also how would i make up ucas points if i was say 50 short ?

Cheers

Tommo
Reply 1
The reason you can't find points for level 2 is it doesn't have any

Sent from my GT-S5363
Reply 2
ahh crap :/

how else would i make up the other 80 or so points ? :/
Reply 3
You would need to take a qualification that gives you 80 points. However, although you can get points for things like horse riding and music it's unlikely to be acceptable. It would probably be best to take an A Level alongside the course, although that would be a lot of work.
Original post by TommoN
ahh crap :/

how else would i make up the other 80 or so points ? :/

As Juno says there are all sorts of things that would earn you tariff points - they might not be any use for the course you want to apply for.

Ring up Portsmouth and ask THEM what they'd like to see you apply with alongside your BTEC diploma.

Make it clear which course you're interested in though: Portsmouth don't offer a BA Accountancy

That's Accounting and Business - your inital post said you wanted to study Accountancy

If you speak to a university about a course you need to be clear exactly which course you're talking about.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending