Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    hellooo! im not so sure how to make my revision cards for physics. has anyone made their own ones which they find useful? if so, how did you make them? do you just summarise a page onto a card? I tried making the revision cards before but they were hardly any use since I forgot everything the next day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naseem hossen)
    hellooo! im not so sure how to make my revision cards for physics. has anyone made their own ones which they find useful? if so, how did you make them? do you just summarise a page onto a card? I tried making the revision cards before but they were hardly any use since I forgot everything the next day.
    I like to use a question-and-answer format. I memorise formulae by listing the terms on one side of the card and seeing if I can construct the correct formula from them, for example.

You'll remember them better if you do them every day - I practised mine every night before bed. And they're handy to flip through on your way to the exam

ReputationRep:
    thanks! I will try that. never heard of your idea before, but it looks awesome. what do you think I should do about the non mathematical part of physics? the knowledge which involves more writing (eg behaviour of solids and the terms ductile,brittle,malleable...) using my study guide, should I just summarise everything on to my revision cards?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by naseem hossen)
    thanks! I will try that. never heard of your idea before, but it looks awesome. what do you think I should do about the non mathematical part of physics? the knowledge which involves more writing (eg behaviour of solids and the terms ductile,brittle,malleable...) using my study guide, should I just summarise everything on to my revision cards?
    Well, you could ask yourself questions like "What does ductile mean?" and have the definition you need on the other side of the card.

Of course, some things aren't suited to a short question-and-answer format, though. For those things, I'd suggest getting a set of brightly-coloured gel pens and summarising everything as succinctly as you can. Diagrams are always fun too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.