Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hi everyone,

I'm studying English Literature, History and Spanish as a Combined Honours degree with a 3 subject first year. I have to drop a subject for second year and am unsure what to do.

I enjoy History and seem to have some aptitude for it as it's the one I've done best in academically this year. It's not exactly my passion but I don't dread doing the essays or the reading either.

I'm better at Spanish and find the prospect of being fluent in another language and spending my third year abroad really exciting. However I am scared I won't enjoy being so far from home and find the nature of the work (grammar etc.) quite boring and really hard to motivate myself for.

I find it easier to motivate myself to do the work for English and I do enjoy it and have more friends on the course (whereas I know no one in Spanish). However I do find it harder academically so tend to find the assignments really difficult and am worried about not doing as well as it's my worst subject academically this year. Also, there is a worry that I'll regret taking it and missing out on the year abroad.

Any thoughts? I have to make the decision by the 15th so I can register for my second year modules so any help would be great
How are you feeling about your exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.