Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Best book series that's a tv show or film watch

ReputationRep:
    I know a lot of people are obsessing with Game of Thrones but what's your favourite book series that's been made into a tv show or film?
    Or is there one you think will be coming out soon or want to be coming out soon?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Jackson did a great job with the Lord of the Rings.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter or Sherlock Holmes
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    It's got to be either Dexter or Sherlock Holmes (the BBC tv series is what I have in mind although the films are good too)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tjf8)
    Jackson did a great job with the Lord of the Rings.
    Agreed!

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter, I love it so much.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter especially the later films, and the hunger games.

ReputationRep:
    Gormenghast

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter

ReputationRep:
    The Vampire Diaries! The book wasn't exactly great, but the TV series was phenomenal!

For my fave movie-book conversion, it would definitely be Harry Potter!

ReputationRep:
    It has to be Lord of the Rings.

More recently I really enjoyed the tv special of Kate Mosse's Labyrinth.

ReputationRep:
    Harry Potter. And it's British (ish) produced too. I think that's a major achievement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tory88)
    It's got to be either Dexter or Sherlock Holmes (the BBC tv series is what I have in mind although the films are good too)
    I find Dexter (the show) to be far superior to the books, which I think is quite rare. I read the first 2 and got bored. The show is phenomenal though! I am glad they took the decision to break away from the novels.

My favourite is definitely LotR. I am a Tolkien fanatic!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    the northen lights series (turned into the golden compass in the film)

the film did not reflect the books at all, found it to be a big disapointment, also the golden compass is not a good title by comparission to the northen lights.

ReputationRep:
    Friday Night Lights is an outstanding TV series based on a non-fiction book of the same name by Buzz Bissinger. There's also a film but I haven't seen it!

ReputationRep:
    Game of Thrones!

ReputationRep:
    The Southern Vampire Mysteries, also known as True Blood. I think HBO did a fantastic job with the series.
    The Hunger Games - massive fan of the books, wasn't too impressed with all the changes made to the film, but the acting was superb :-)

ReputationRep:
    Elementary... Johnny Lee Miller makes a pretty good Holmes. And they stick quite close to all the little details in the book...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.