Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to see an acquaintance's band play next week, and I think their bassist is absolutely gorgeous. I did a bit of facebook stalking, and we like all the same things, he seems really smart and funny and I'd love to get to know him. But I'm not very good at attracting guys, I'm nothing special in the looks department and I'm a bit awkward until you get to know me. Plus I'm terrible with fashion! What do you think I should wear so that he notices me? I'm 19 and he's 22, but my best friend will be there and she grabs the attention of everyone in the room (but that's another story), so I want to wear something that will grab HIS attention, because I think once we get talking we'd really hit it off

No sarcastic answers like "go naked," haha. Also, I look a lot younger than I am so something that may make me look a little older would be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by carlabeans)
    I'm going to see an acquaintance's band play next week, and I think their bassist is absolutely gorgeous. I did a bit of facebook stalking, and we like all the same things, he seems really smart and funny and I'd love to get to know him. But I'm not very good at attracting guys, I'm nothing special in the looks department and I'm a bit awkward until you get to know me. Plus I'm terrible with fashion! What do you think I should wear so that he notices me? I'm 19 and he's 22, but my best friend will be there and she grabs the attention of everyone in the room (but that's another story), so I want to wear something that will grab HIS attention, because I think once we get talking we'd really hit it off

No sarcastic answers like "go naked," haha. Also, I look a lot younger than I am so something that may make me look a little older would be good.
    If you want to give him a good first impression then why would you want to wear/dress in a way your not comfortable with?

More than likely if you turn up wearing stilletos and a short tight bodycon dress and are used to wearing skirts, tights and blouses with flats then you will not feel comfortable.

You never know he could like you and your dress sence....
    Why dont you wear what your comfortable with, talk to him after they have finished playing.
    Say how good they are...
    General questions is he at uni/doing a-levels....

It just boils down to confidence on your part.

TL;DR
    Dont usually wear make up - Dont slap it on for the gig.
    Usually wear flats - Dont turn up in stilletos
    Like how you dress - BE YOURSELF.

Worst thing you can do is pretend to be something or someone your not.

This was posted from my pigeon carrier app on my GT-I9100

ReputationRep:
    I agree: Wear something that your comfortable with.

If you are looking for direction as to what to wear:

For simplicity a simple black dress is always a winner - one that can be jazzed up or worn relaxed with a funky a blazer most colors work depends on what you like. You can either wear flats, long boots (if comfy wearing that sort of thing, can be flat boots), ankle boots etc. Tights, without tights and so on, its' versatile and easy but yet classic and comfy.

If you wear make up, emphasize your best asset - eyes, lips ? Never over do it! Make Up is to enhance features not to cover up totally.
    If you don't usually wear make up, add a little mascara and some lip gloss, so that you still feel at ease.

Guys feel far more comfortable around someone that is comfortable with themselves.
    Have fun!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.