Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

Please help me out to choose between Birkbeck and Goldsmith university.

Actually, I hold offer from both these universities for M.Sc Organisational Behaviour Program for September 2013. Can anyone please give their opinion regarding which university I should go for. Please reply urgently because I need to accept the offer by the 9th April 2013.

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipti)
    Hi Everyone,

Please help me out to choose between Birkbeck and Goldsmith university.

Actually, I hold offer from both these universities for M.Sc Organisational Behaviour Program for September 2013. Can anyone please give their opinion regarding which university I should go for. Please reply urgently because I need to accept the offer by the 9th April 2013.

Thank You
    Hi

I am doing Msc Human Resource management at birkbeck - please do not go there. staff is rude, never replies to your queries, they are just after your money, and, by the way, they allow only 4 hours with your supervisor for the Msc project (which is the biggest nonsense i have ever heard).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laime)
    Hi

I am doing Msc Human Resource management at birkbeck - please do not go there. staff is rude, never replies to your queries, they are just after your money, and, by the way, they allow only 4 hours with your supervisor for the Msc project (which is the biggest nonsense i have ever heard).
    Hi Laime,

Thanks for your honest reply. Could you please tell me anything about goldsmith University if you know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipti)
    Hi Laime,

Thanks for your honest reply. Could you please tell me anything about goldsmith University if you know?

Hello,

sorry, I don't know about the Goldsmith's, hopefully they are better. Recently it was a massive staff turnover at the Birkbeck (which is not good), and some of really good lecturers went over the Goldsmith Uni (to name Dr. Neil Conway , for example). Good luck if you going to accept Glodsmith's offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laime)
    Hello,

sorry, I don't know about the Goldsmith's, hopefully they are better. Recently it was a massive staff turnover at the Birkbeck (which is not good), and some of really good lecturers went over the Goldsmith Uni (to name Dr. Neil Conway , for example). Good luck if you going to accept Glodsmith's offer
    That's so nice of you to help me out. By the way can you please tell me is your course is accredited by CIPD? If not,how are you going to do it,how much does it costs? because M.Sc Organisational Behaviour is not recognised by it. It is accredited by BPS. and also among M.Sc Occupational Psychology and M.Sc Organisational Behaviour which degree is good,because any how they teach you same syllabus only degree is different.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dipti)
    That's so nice of you to help me out. By the way can you please tell me is your course is accredited by CIPD? If not,how are you going to do it,how much does it costs? because M.Sc Organisational Behaviour is not recognised by it. It is accredited by BPS. and also among M.Sc Occupational Psychology and M.Sc Organisational Behaviour which degree is good,because any how they teach you same syllabus only degree is different.
    hello

I just don't want anyone feel disappointed and make a wrong decision (the one I did). My course in not accredited, unfortunately, although they still keep feeding us with the promises the course will be accredited soon (it's my 2nd year , and is not very likely they fulfill they promises in the near future)). It means I will have to find extra £10000 to do CIPD course after I graduation Have you considered Westminster uni? They offering MA with CIPD? But of course, reputation is not as good as University of London.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laime)
    hello

I just don't want anyone feel disappointed and make a wrong decision (the one I did). My course in not accredited, unfortunately, although they still keep feeding us with the promises the course will be accredited soon (it's my 2nd year , and is not very likely they fulfill they promises in the near future)). It means I will have to find extra £10000 to do CIPD course after I graduation Have you considered Westminster uni? They offering MA with CIPD? But of course, reputation is not as good as University of London.
    Don't worry you will get a nice job after u graduate I have not applied at Westminster..By the way thank you once again for your input and I will get back to you if I will have any further queries.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 10, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.