Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    My gcses were terrible tbh, few a's, 2b's, 1c (eng lang) and 1d (eng lit) due to some extenuating circumstances.

However, In my (current) as year, i'm really doing well, on target to get AAAA (bio,chem,phys,maths).

i would like to apply for biochem, would that C (and potentially D) ruin my chances to get accepted? should i just completely forget about imperial altogether?

ReputationRep:
    unfortunately they do ask for a B in english language http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/registry/...onrequirements

however, you do have extenuating circumstances, and if you get all As at AS, you would have a chance. I suggest you could check with the admissions department to see where you stand.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely check with the admissions of the relevant department - it varies slightly between each one.

I've a friend who got in to do maths with a C in English but that was quite a few years ago. Then again, I've also came across people who didn't quite meet their requirements and are in their first year atm as well.
    Don't want to get your hopes up but definitely speak to the admissions team! =]

ReputationRep:
    I am at 1st year in Imperial and I have a friend in my year who has a C in GCSE English.
    There are two points that you should keep in mind,

1) The general rules such as GCSE English was made by the general admission office and probably by the administrative people, and the people who are looking at your applications are academics, who usually does not care about these rules if the rules are not that strict, they might not even know there are such a rule when assessing your applications, what they care about more is your potential in the subjects that you have applied for, so as long as you have A*/A in Maths and Sciences, and you meet the specific requirement for the course you are applying for, i.e. A* in Maths, you should still have a chance.

2)You have 5 choices, what is the harm to put Imperial as one of your choices if this is the Uni that you want to go? You still have 4 places left for less ambitious choices, so I would say apply anyway if you really want an offer from Imperial.

Edit: I have just seen this post and this might be what will happen if you get an offer, they will tell you to get an IELTS. http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2278022

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.