Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can you suggest some good piano and violin music, please? watch

ReputationRep:
    At the moment I am really into piano and violin music, so I was wondering if I could get some reccomendations.

Calm pieces would be nice, for example I really like Yiruma's work, like river flows in you and time forgets. On his album there are some nice string versions of his songs, and also his piano songs often have string accompaniment.

violin solo pieces, piano solo pieces, a combonation of the two, I'd really like to find more songs like this.

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Try Ludvico Einaudi and maybe some Sigur Ros.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Try Ludvico Einaudi and maybe some Sigur Ros.
    Ah yeah, Einaudi, I've listened to one song by him; nuvole bianche, I really liked it. I'll check out Sigur Ros, cheers.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ludovico Einaudi -> una mattina, thats an easy one to learn, took me a few hours to learn off by heart
    violin -> hate it, so i wouldnt know x_x

ReputationRep:
    Also, check out Nobuo Uematsu. Look for stuff from the Final Fantasy VII Advent Children sound track. Tifa and Aerith's Themes are both beautiful.

ReputationRep:
    Don't know if you're into classical, but Chopin is widely regarded as the greatest composer for the piano. Try out his Nocturnes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TauMuon)
    Don't know if you're into classical, but Chopin is widely regarded as the greatest composer for the piano. Try out his Nocturnes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I like classical music ^_^ I'll check Chopin out, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Beethoven - 'Spring Sonata' (piano + violin)

I think this one is really nice. It's a combination of the two. Hope you like it. :flower2:

ReputationRep:
    If you like Einaudi then try Roberto Cacciapaglia (perhaps not as challenging) he's epic too

http://youtu.be/Pf1ONrOyees

ReputationRep:
    Vivaldi's Four Seasons.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by progmaticOx)
    I like classical music ^_^ I'll check Chopin out, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Prelude no.15 in D flat major is probably one of my favourite pieces to play, and it's very relaxing

Nicknamed "Raindrop" prelude if you wanna google it

Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.