Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking about doing child nursing. If any one can tell me about the degree and which university they're doing it at and their views on it that would be great. And also what work experience I should do and when is it best to do it.

I'm in my AS in year college and studying English Language, Chemistry, Maths and Geography. Are these subjects alright for this degree?

ReputationRep:
    You're clearly at the very early stages of researching your degree options, so I would suggest
    - having a read of the TSR nursing forums - you will pick up an awful lot by just reading them http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71
    - looking at the websites of different universities to see what the course structure is like, and what the entry requirements are. You can find a full list of all universities in the UK that do child nursing at www.ucas.com (use the course search function)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Origami Bullets)
    You're clearly at the very early stages of researching your degree options, so I would suggest
    - having a read of the TSR nursing forums - you will pick up an awful lot by just reading them http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=71
    - looking at the websites of different universities to see what the course structure is like, and what the entry requirements are. You can find a full list of all universities in the UK that do child nursing at www.ucas.com (use the course search function)
    I've looked at UCAS and I think I could get the entry requirements, and i've looked at the forums but theres not much on child nursing.

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    Child nursing is hard to get into so be sure this is what you want. Volunteering at a local hospital or pct would be a good idea. Even volunteering at local children's centres or pre-schools would look good in your personal statement (which you have to write to apply for uni). You need to make sure you have Gcse maths, gcse english and gcse science all 'C' grade or above. Your subjects seem fine but as long as you make up the points required is most important. You can find these on the uni website. Some differ from others. Any experience with children, especially volunteering shows enthusiasm and dedication. Youth clubs and even helping at your local brownies pack would look good!

Good luck and study hard ;-)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.