Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,
    I am hoping to get a job as a seasonnaire in the Alps later this year, I am very excited for this however, there is one major concern that keeps crossing my mind, my relationship with my boyfriend. We have been together almost three years and we're really good together but I feel that it is unfair on him that we stay together whilst I am away doing what I want to do. This is my view on it, I have asked friends, many of them are my boyfriends friends too, and they say that we'll work it out.

My boyfriend supports what I want to do and he says that it will be fine. However, in the past he has had a tendency to 'wander' if you understand. I am worried that he will do this because I am away and I will not know anything about it as he may think he can get away with it. So I would rather us have a clean break and we can both just do as we want. I get that this will probably sound really stupid but I want to make the best decision for both of us. When we do talk about it he just says the same thing.

Has anyone been in this situation?! Please give me your thoughts and help me to make sense of all this !!

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you should end it, just make a pact with him that if either of you does something stupid or meets someone else then you'll tell each other and move on
    My boyfriend got drunk and tried it on with a friend before we went to uni, I thought he may do it again but our relationship is really good and we've been together for a year now.
    However, if you really feel you can't trust him then I would leave him, worrying about what he's getting up to will ruin the experience and you shouldn't have to worry in the first place really!

ReputationRep:
    Its good that there's someone that has had a similar situation
    The pact thing is a good thing actually. We do trust each other fully but that doesn't mean to say that the truth would always come out But yeah, I do trust him enough to no worry about his actions while I'm away

Thanks Its made me feel better and a given me a new approach to it

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 5, 2013
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.