Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Student Finance Application Error watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I reapplied under the same details/login for Student Finance this year after being unsuccessful with my uni choices last year and I basically just confirmed that all my details were the same and that I was happy to receive the same amount proposed to me last year. However, when confirming that my details were correct it said that I had entered that my course would be starting in October 2012 (which is what I entered for last year) but for some reason wouldn't let me change it to October 2013. How do I modify my application to change this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomorr93)
    I reapplied under the same details/login for Student Finance this year after being unsuccessful with my uni choices last year and I basically just confirmed that all my details were the same and that I was happy to receive the same amount proposed to me last year. However, when confirming that my details were correct it said that I had entered that my course would be starting in October 2012 (which is what I entered for last year) but for some reason wouldn't let me change it to October 2013. How do I modify my application to change this?
    By the sounds of things you applied for finance last year, but didn't inform student finance you weren't going to University, nor did you cancel your application for funding for that year. You now need to phone SFE and tell them you didn't go to University last year and for them to cancel your old application (and possibly the one you just done) and submit a new application as a new student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    By the sounds of things you applied for finance last year, but didn't inform student finance you weren't going to University, nor did you cancel your application for funding for that year. You now need to phone SFE and tell them you didn't go to University last year and for them to cancel your old application (and possibly the one you just done) and submit a new application as a new student.
    Well I've sent a letter to SFE now explaining what I've said above. Hopefully that will solve the issue.

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't send them a letter as they're going to be getting all sorts through te post and could take a while for it to be seen. The deadline for finance is like 1-2 months, so you might miss out on money at the start of the year. Should call them instead as that's almost instantaneous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knalchemist)
    You shouldn't send them a letter as they're going to be getting all sorts through te post and could take a while for it to be seen. The deadline for finance is like 1-2 months, so you might miss out on money at the start of the year. Should call them instead as that's almost instantaneous.
    Well you say that, but last year when I called to cancel my application, I called ten times without being answered. Most people on other threads have said that sending a letter in is more likely to be noticed.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.