Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello everyone, my situations fairly standard...I'm a law student and I hate it. I really have no motivation for it, and I have no intention of pursuing a career in law. Im trying to stick at it though, because it's a solid degree and I've already spent close to two years doing it, if I pass these exams in May I'll be two thirds finished. I'm not expecting to do so well in the exams, but if I even just pass I'll be happy. So what are some practical tips for ensuring I at least pass? Anything your lecturers have told you or just things you've gathered yourself? Anything would be appreciated, thanks

DOing all the reading, learn quotes from cases and include them in your answers (even mentioning which judge said it helps), read articles, attend all the classes, start revising early etc..

Easier said than done if you have no motivation for your course though. Do consider that "just passing" your course will end you up with a degree employers aren't going to care much for. A third class degree isn't really good for much.

Haha I couldn't read this without laughing.

You don't just pass by not giving a damn, you try really hard and then you pass.

And then, youu try even harder to the point that you mind hurts and so do your hands, then you get a good grade.

Work hard, revise it all, make sure you know the exam technique, keep testing yourself, cue cards and practice questions. That's how you "just pass".

Practice lots of past exam papers and focus on problem questions. The basics of law are not that difficult, although there are always caveats and complications, and things tend to be explained in a very complicated way.
Have you ever experienced racism/sexism at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.